Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Community Username problem

Solved!

Community Username problem

I've just logged into these community forums using my spotify login.

When asked to enter a username, I mis-typed (doh!) and hit enter just before I noticed.

Having searched around for  a way to change it (including trying to abandon and sign up again) I find I can't 😞

I did find the following statement about the username though:

"Be creative, have fun with it, but choose carefully: you cannot change your vanity name once registration is complete"

Aw, now how's anyone who knows me gonna find me???

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Done!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks for that.

Marked as solution

kirbasin - done!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

16 Replies

What username were you after? As a moderator, I can probably change it for you (haven't tried this feature out yet!)

Hi Richard, thanks for your assistance. I  was going for Radian and hit E by mistake. That's my screen name over on Get Satisfaction.

Marked as solution

Done!

Marked as solution

Thanks for that.

I didn't want my "real" name and didn't realize that was my publicly visible name... dumb mistake!  Can you change mine to hsdancemom?

thanks!

Boom!

Thank you!  Amazingly fast!

I have a problem with my username aswell. My user name is now lisbethkent but really would like to have lisbethmads as username

Is that possible??

Hey, we can only change your Community username - that is, the name that appears on your posts here.

Your actual Spotify account username can't be changed I'm afraid.

Can i have my community username changed from MBP to birkdk

Not a problem at all--let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

I have a similar problem though it's a little bit more complicated.

Recently I accidentally created second Spotify account via Facebook instead of logging in. I contacted customer support and asked them to delete it which was done.

But unfortunately, while I was looking for a solution here in Community, I created a login name aka Community username which is my common nickname - "kirbasin". What I was not aware of is that it will be tied to my newly created Spotify account that was later deleted by customer support.

When I tried to access Community on my true account which I am using now, I had to choose a login name again. But when I tried to select "kirbasin" again, system told me it was claimed by another account which I figured out was my Spotify Facebook account and it doesn't even exist now. So I chose "k1rbasin" as temporary (I hope!).

Can you reclaim my user name "kirbasin" for me, please?

@k1rbasin wrote:

Recently I accidentally created second Spotify account via Facebook instead of logging in. I contacted customer support and asked them to delete it which was done.

But unfortunately, while I was looking for a solution here in Community, I created a login name aka Community username which is my common nickname - "kirbasin". What I was not aware of is that it will be tied to my newly created Spotify account that was later deleted by customer support.

When I tried to access Community on my true account which I am using now, I had to choose a login name again. But when I tried to select "kirbasin" again, system told me it was claimed by another account which I figured out was my Spotify Facebook account and it doesn't even exist now. So I chose "k1rbasin" as temporary (I hope!).

I will see if I can get one of the community moderators/managers to look into this for you. Be aware, since its the weekend (and a bank holiday in Sweden as far as I know), it might be monday/tuesday before someone can look into this for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Everyone:

You can change your own username's from the settings page.

@k1rbasin wrote:

The community manager will most likely delete the old community account if possible, otherwise they'll change it's username 🙂

I'm not sure if Lithium supports merging accounts...

Marked as solution

kirbasin - done!

Test

Suggested posts