Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Community login and captcha keep kicking me out

Community login and captcha keep kicking me out

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Web Browser (Google Chrome)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I try to write and post messages in the Community forum I keep getting a message to log back in and the "I'm not a robot" captcha expires every couple of minutes. I often lose what I already wrote because auto-save stops working when I get logged out. Now I even got a "post flooding" error.

7 Replies

Hey there @AdSR,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you clear your cache and cookies to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can try with a incognito/private window.

Also - does this occur from one specific browser or multiple browsers?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm using a different browser today (Firefox this time) where I wasn't logged in previously. Just a moment ago, after a few hours of being logged in, I got the message to log in again. The usual happened: When I clicked on the link I didn't need to provide my credentials, my session was just reinstated.

Just when I tried to post this reply (through Reply) the captcha got invalidated after just a few seconds. I clicked it again but it kept kicking me out at every attempt to post. I'm now trying to reply to you through Quick Reply which seems to be working fine.

I will continue watching for further symptoms.

Hi @AdSR

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is this still happening when you use a different internet connection?

Also, keep in mind that it's expected that the Community page logs you out after some time of inactivity. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Yes, it does happen the same way no matter which computer, browser or ISP.

As for logging out after a timeout, I know this is SOP for many websites, however in this case it seems kind of pointless: I just have to click the link that says "Log in" and I'm immediately back in without providing a password or any other kind of authentication. Maybe that's what's "secretly" getting in the way of me editing posts as well?

Thanks.

Hey @AdSR,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Do you by any chance have a second Spotify account? If yes, try logging in to it and check if you observe the same. This way we can see if the issue is account-related. 

In case you observe this on another account as well, would you mind sending us a short screen recording displaying what you see? You can attach the video to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

Tip: Make sure the recording doesn’t include any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.

We'll look out for your reply. 

Hi,

No, I don't have a second account.

Best regards.

Hey @AdSR

Thanks for getting back.

If you don't have a second Spotify account to try this it'd be very useful if you can send us a screen recording showing exactly how this looks on your end. We can then pass this info on to the right folks here at Spotify for further investigation. 

To attach a video to your reply, use the Insert Video option in the post editor. Make sure the recording doesn’t include sensitive info when posting on the Community. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

Suggested posts