Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Complaint, unsubscribing.

Complaint, unsubscribing.

Of course spotify doesn't have a dedicated section for complaints.

I have been a subscribed member on and off for the past 3 years, but I am done after the latest bout of force fed ads.

First it was an ad for 3 Girls, 1 Keith with Amy Schumer. A comedian I've never listened to or searched for. This ad disappeared, followed quickly by not only an ad for Drake's new album, but the playlist suggestions icons now all have Drake's face. This included playlists without Drake even in them. 

The response I got back while on email with a customer service rep was: 

"We want to let you know that this is not an ad. We just want to share this information to all our listeners."

You can as much lipstick on that pig as you want. It's still a pig, and that's an ad. Have the decency to just call it an ad and not hide behind "showing us the latest releases" when you have never shown me a new release from the artists that I actually listen to. 

Spotify, thank you for showing me that for the right price, you're willing to overlook the money your customers  spend on an ad-free experience.  

drake everywhere system.jpg
T7tEU0m.jpg
6 Replies

Hey @SovietSurprise,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us on the Community.

We’re always trying new and interesting ways to work with our artists, and we really do value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward.

If you have any further comments, feel free to let us know in this thread!

@Chris I'll give you a fantastic idea for free: When your customers are paying premium prices for an ad-free experience, don't give them ads. 

Hey @SovietSurprise.

No worries, we'll pass your feedback on to the right team about this.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Have a great weekend.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

@Alfredo

Haven't got any "feedback", but you could pass on my "complaint" about paying monthly for an ad free service and getting ads.

Seriously. I'm **bleep**. I specifically pay Spotify so I don't get ads. I already cancelled Netflix because of the agenda they started pushing. If this ADVERTISING isn't taken down I will be cancelling and I guarantee if this company starts pushing Amy Schumer and the like Spotify will lose millions of subscribers.

Screenshot_20180712-054251_20180712082432418.jpg

@33gs_d0-1kna6 wrote:

Seriously. I'm **bleep**. I specifically pay Spotify so I don't get ads. I already cancelled Netflix because of the agenda they started pushing. If this ADVERTISING isn't taken down I will be cancelling and I guarantee if this company starts pushing Amy Schumer and the like Spotify will lose millions of subscribers.

Yup, this is really infuriating. Please stop it.

I tend to keep my phone on its side at work, so that Spotify uses the landscape configuration. Right now, when I hit the home button, the lovely Amy Schumer now takes up almost the *whole phone screen* and I have to scroll down to see any other playlists (y'know, like anything I've listened to recently). As someone else said, this is an ad, and any attempt to dress this up as "help" or "user experience enhancement" or whatever other nonsense you dream up is bullsh*t. Howver, if you really, really insist on doing this kind of thing, here are a couple of ideas:

- Make it configurable. Have an option in the Settings so that we can disable this "feature"

- Display it a finite number of times. If you've shown me it 4 times and I haven't listened to it, then I'm probably not likely to.

- Have an "Don't show me this again" box that I can tick, a bit like cookies on websites.
But for heaven's sake, do *something*. This is a mess.

Suggested posts