Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Concert Emails Have Wrong Location

Solved!

Concert Emails Have Wrong Location

Plan

Premium

Country

US

My Question or Issue

Concert email notifications are for

Dallas. When I click the change location button it brings me to my account which is properly set to Denver. There’s is a glitch with Spotify, not an issue with my settings. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

be sure you set the correct location following these steps by going to Browse > Concerts > Change City on all your devices, if possible.

If the issue persists after that, you can try to connect over a different network connection.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hi,

According to this post it will check facebook also.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Wrong-location-in-Upcoming-Shows-near-me-email-despite-cor...

Are you connected to facebook? If so, can you set these settings also?

Thanks,

René

I am. FB does not mention Denver, but it’s never said Dallas either. Lol
Marked as solution

Hi,

be sure you set the correct location following these steps by going to Browse > Concerts > Change City on all your devices, if possible.

If the issue persists after that, you can try to connect over a different network connection.

Regards,

René

I have the same problem. Email for Chicago concerts. When I follow the link to change my location, it says I’m in a mankato, MN which is correct! It’s also messing up my Daily Drive algorithm. It used to stream national news and a week or so ago it suddenly decided to give me Chicago news. PLEASE FIX THIS. 

1433B0B0-C618-41DE-9D7A-007CB470F4A8.png
CC0F138A-C9B0-400E-8A5B-EDF7772467D3.png

I am in Minneapolis, but the emails are for chicago.  I DO NOT use facebook.  When I click change location, the website that comes up has the proper location.  This is very frustrating because I see shows I want to see, and they are 6 hours away, I look for shows locally and they are sold out because I didn't know about them ahead of time.  I DONT USE FACEBOOK, facebook is not the problem, don't bring up check your facebook location as a solution to this problem, it's not the problem.

Same deal here. My concert emails are for the city of Chicago but I live in, and have always lived in, St. Louis (300 miles away). In the desktop app, it knows I'm in Ballwin, a suburb of St. Louis, based on my ip address I suppose. The desktop app correctly recommends concerts in the St. Louis area... only the emails are wrong. Please fix this or tell us what setting to change!

Mine self fixed itself a few months ago. Total waste of effort and time on an issue that wasn’t a user error. Wish Spotify would just hire customer service to do chat with! Haha. 

Where is "Browse" on the mobile app?

Also, is it possible to specify more than one city? I commute between Houston and Austin and would like notifications for both cities.

--
Dan

Hey @danks,

Thanks for your post.

"Browse" is now called "Search" and you can find it next to the "Home" button. As for the city, it's not currently possible to specify more than one.

The Community is always here if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Yordan @Rene01

Searching for "concerts" does not bring up anything that would help with changing your location for concert suggestions. Do you have an updated solution to this problem using the newest app interface?

Thanks for checking in. This solved itself on its own within after awhile!

I have this issue now. I live in the Bay Area of CA and I all the sudden am getting show recs. in Boston. Love Boston - but this is not helpful . I can't see anyway to change things and I have premium and all my locations look correct. 

Hey @LMore,

Thanks for letting us know!

Please open this link and make sure your location is correct.
This process should best be repeated on every device you're logged in from 🙂

Hope this helps!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I received a fan presale link but it is for the wrong city (and country!). My country and location is correct in the app, how can I get the correct link?

Hey, I figured this out! Go to:

Search -> Live Events, and then there should be a location near the top of the Live Events page that you can change.

My location in the app-search-live events is correct. But I'm still getting emails for a city I don't travel too and have never searched for a concert in. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I've confirmed my current zip code is correct on my Spotify account/profile.  Thank you! 

Suggested posts