Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Confirmed cancelled premium account still charged for 6 more months?

Confirmed cancelled premium account still charged for 6 more months?

I cancelled my account over six months ago and have email trail from support to prove it, but have continue to be charged for six months even though my account status was free. I have received no response to my request for a refund. There are too many similar stories here and elsewhere, this seems to be a predatory business strategy. I think we need to at least involve the BBB, if not our State Attorney General offices... Class action lawsuits have been caused over way less than this. This was an unused bank account, and because of their charges I received an overdraft fee of $30! This is really wrong!
27 Replies

Hi Meredith,

I have a similar problem with my payment. I have been charged for two months even though I have cancelled the account.

I was using Spottily on an earlier email account, which I then deleted it and created a new account and was using that until recently. I have cancelled all subscriptions on both accounts but I have been charged £4.99 pounds for two months. 

I have tried to contact Spottily via the contact form but I have received no reply.

I cannot cancel the payment from the Bank and my Bank cannot put in a cancellation request as I am out of the country (UK) and am now in Dublin where I am permanently residing.

Can you please help me and resolve this issue ASAP.

Regards

Varun

Hi Varun - We can certainly take a look at what's going here. However we need to confirm so details via email (not on the public forums).

I can see you've already opened a case this morning which is great. You'll hear from our payments team shortly. 

Hi Meredith, 

Thanks for that! Yes, This is the second time I am doing so.

I hope I can hear from the payment team soon.

Also, Spell check called me Varian.  Sorry!

Regards

Varun

Hello,  I also have had this same issue happen.  I just sent an email today to support.  My account still says Spotify Free,  so why am I being charged a recurring subscripition?  Seems odd so many ppl have this issue.   

I have had the same issue, I went in cancelled my premium subscription weeks before I was to be charged again and bam I was hit with a charge.  I have sent in an email, but I have not heard anything back.  I really need that money back in my account as I was not expecting to be charged for this. Please help.

Hi everyone - If you have a specific payments question about your subscription please go via the contact form.

Once we're chatting via email we can confirm necessary details and discuss your case with you. 

**Please note, users that get an automated email response should do a direct reply with their message again. Your email will reach one of our agents--he or she can help via email. 

Direct reply to the automated email that says do not reply?

Yes 🙂 

If you get an automated message, replying to it again will ensure it goes directly to a member of staff. 

Peter 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts