Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect account with facebook

Solved!

Connect account with facebook

Hello I am trying to connect my spotify account with my facebook account. When I try to do it in the browser it says temporary error. If I try over the desktop application the button just doesnt do anything. I also tried with my phone and my phone says the facebook account is already linked with a spotify account. 

I went to facebook and cleared the spotify things but that didn't help.

I read on a different post that somebody changed their name which made spotify think that the account was two different accounts. So spotify had the old name saved.

I also changed my name and I think that might be the problem.

Can you please help me connect my facebook ๐Ÿ˜ž

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Tuana, welcome to the community!

Sounds like you could have an account already set up via Facebook. Just removing Spotify from your Facebook profile's app settings won't close the account.

I suggest logging in to Spotify using Facebook and following these steps to close that account.

Once the account is closed, you'll be able to link your Facebook profile to any other Spotify account.

Let me know how it goes.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€
โ€• Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Tuana, welcome to the community!

Sounds like you could have an account already set up via Facebook. Just removing Spotify from your Facebook profile's app settings won't close the account.

I suggest logging in to Spotify using Facebook and following these steps to close that account.

Once the account is closed, you'll be able to link your Facebook profile to any other Spotify account.

Let me know how it goes.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€
โ€• Maria Augusta von Trapp

Heey yes that worked ! Thanks a lot ๐Ÿ˜Š

sorry I didnt get around to answer earlier

Suggested posts