Announcements

Connect and family package

Highlighted

Connect and family package

Casual Listener

Looking to find out the current state of play with connect.

Appreciate with an individual premium account can only steam via connect to 1 device. Using Spotify app, selecting  devices available you can select all available devices on the same Home network. 

If upgrading to the family account, I believe you then get 4 to 5 separate account for £14-15, allowing each family users to have their own my music/playlist etc. 

With family, Is it at all possible to:- 

1. Easily mirror the music content for each member, so if wish each user sees the same? 
  2. But it would allow 2 + users to consecutively stream different music to:- 

A). Just Play it on their own phone app? 

OR 

B)  by using phone app, then click connect to steam to separate devices? 

If possible to do B, do devices have to be assigned/locked to a particular member, or can all devices in a house be shared/seen by all users? 

If so what happens when another user tries to connects to the same device, whilst it’s in use, does the original member get a warning message etc? 

Thanks Paul 

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Connect and family package

Hey there @Pjr666,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account.

Since each member will have their own account with their own playlists, music, and get personalized suggestions reflecting their listening habbits, and you can all be listening on your individual accounts at the same time. Keep in mind that each family member will need to be logged into their own account on the device (for example, their mobile phone) they want to listen from.

However, it won't be possible to mirror music content for two accounts, unless your family members save the same playlists, Saved Music and have very similar listening habits. But, each family member can share their playlists, or even have collaborative playlists together. 

As for using the mobile app to connect and stream to a different device, that should also be possible. You can read more about devices compatible with Spotify Connect and how to use Connect here

Let us know if that helps 🙂 We'll be right here if you have further questions.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Re: Connect and family package

Casual Listener
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

We currently use connect with a Control 4 multi room system, it works great with a single user account.

But as my initially query if we upgrade to family, how will this work?

B) by using phone app, then click connect to steam to separate devices?

If possible to do B, do devices have to be assigned/locked to a particular member, or can all devices in a house be shared/seen by all users?

If so what happens when another user tries to connects to the same device, whilst it’s in use, does the original member get a warning message etc?

Thanks Paul
SUGGESTED POSTS