Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect on all devices not working

Connect on all devices not working

HI, I've tweeted @spotifyCares about this but got no reply. So hopefully my post here will get an answer. Spotify has suddenly stopped connecting on all my devices. iPad, iPhone, PC, Mac and even the Web Player in all browsers. I thought it might have something to do with my router but I tried 4G and even on a friend's network. I've checked my account and the subscription is up to date. I'm a premium user so not happy about this at all. I can connect to spotify via my Sonos but that's probably using a different API.

Please help or I might have to cancel my subscription.

spotify_chrome.PNG
spotify_FF.PNG
2 Replies

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I contacted them and they asked for more info. I then subsequently figured out what was wrong and email this below. That was 7 days ago. I've not received a reply since, so either they regard it as closed or just not bothered about replying.

Hi there,

I've figured out what is going happening.
I logged onto my company's VPN and was able to connect.
I also remoted onto one of the servers and the web player worked.

So it clearly geo restricted.

My company sends me for 3 months at a a time to work onsite at a clients in South Africa.
I go back to the UK next week for 3 months and will be back in South Africa after that.
Spotify worked all the time I was in South Africa until about last week.
Surely I'm not the only one in the world that needs to commute to countries where spotify isn't available but hold an account in the UK and pay with a British bank card.

I will probably will have to switch over to Tribal which apparently is available in South Africa and such countries.

Suggested posts