Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect to Facebook :"Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

Connect to Facebook :"Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

Hi,

I cannot link my facebook profile to my account. Could someone please look into that?

Thanks,

Michael

25 Replies

Hey ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Have you tried connecting it online from your online account?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

that does not work either :(.

Best regards,
Michael

Hey again ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Just asked one of the lovely Spotify staff about this, they can't see any problems with your account and it seems to be already connected to Facebook. 

Have you tried logging out and back into the client again? 

It could just be a temporary blip with Facebook. 

Peter

Peter

Here is what I'm trying to do:

Disconnect my "old" spotify account. Try to link my new account, which is used by my mobile provider Telekom, because with that option I can use spotify without killing the data volume in my data plan.
It won't work, no matter what I do.

Best regards, Michael

Hello!

I am going to private message you in order to assist you further.

Sorry for the inconveniences!

๐Ÿ˜‰

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved ๐Ÿ™‚

โ™ฌMusic is lifeโ™ฌ

Hi,

I have the same problem. I try to connect to my facebook account using spotify. But it does not work. I seems like I'm already connected to a facebook account but I still cannot disconnect. It is like my account is linked in the backgorund somehow. If I login using my facebook details I have got premium but no play lists but when I login with my spotify account I have no premium but all my play list. Please fix this problem asap since I have already paid for premium...

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

It sounds like you have two accounts, as you described in your post.You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to merge those for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi there, i got the same problem.

Im a spotify premium user, by my mobile phone operator, merged with facebook.
Ive used spotify on my android phone for serveral months with no problems at all. Now, today, when i try to open spotify, it says that i have to log in again. Ive tried to set my device password on your webpage, but when i enter the information on my phone, i get following message on the phone: Temporary error while merging accounts. Ive looked at the forums for help, but found no solutions. What do i do?

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

That is strange, it sounds like a possible duplicate account issue or something else has gone wrong with the Facebook connection. I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form so they can investigate this a little closer for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I am also having the same issues connecting to facebook. it says there is a temp error try again later. Any suggestions on how to fix this? this app is great but seriously lacks simple things liek adding a profile picture without facebook and making things like this easily fixed.

@stephanielopina 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, I've got the same problem. Please help!!

Andrew

Hello, 

I have the same problem. It seems my Facebook account is independent from the one I actually use (which, by the way, is already upgraded to premium). Everytime I try to connect my FB to my Spotify account, appears the error message. 

Best regards. 

Hi, I've been doing what you said about the merging of 2 accounts but it seems that I can't open the "Contact us" part. What am I going to do? ๐Ÿ˜ž

I am having the same problem.  On the app it says my facebook is connected to another account on the desktop it says, "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."  I am unaware of the other account and my email is correct in Spotify/facebook.  Please help so I can sync with other apps!

I am having the same problem. I have unlinked Facebook from my old account (username: jackwort). I am trying to link my facebook to my new account (username: vovaltd). I am getting this error "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later." PLEASE HELP ๐Ÿ™‚

I deleted facebook and now I can not get any more spotify.
ability of any e-mail at the same time to make a new Spotify account?

I have the same problem. Please copy me on the solution.

Hi I'm having the same problem, it refuses to connect to my fb account.  Would really appreciate some help thnks!

Suggested posts