Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connected to a device I don't own

Solved!

Connected to a device I don't own

Hello, 

I went to connect my phone's spotify to my ps4 but carelessly mis-clicked on devices in the app and temporarily connected to someone else's device on the same network as me. I was wondering whether this means my account is now signed in on their device, that they can access my music, remote control my account when I'm using it etc. Alternatively, because it was a device that I had not signed in on myself (account and password)  would absolutely nothing have happened when we temporarily connected? I just don't know and I wondered if anyone here would?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @TheBenicillin

Don't worry. The devices you can connect without actually signing in to them manually are streaming devices like chromecast. They can only be controlled by your phone and your account was signed off the moment you disconnect from such device. There is no way for anyone else to access anythong on your account.

In any case you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as an extra security measure, just to be sure (but that means you have to log-in again in your devices)

Happy listening 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @TheBenicillin

Don't worry. The devices you can connect without actually signing in to them manually are streaming devices like chromecast. They can only be controlled by your phone and your account was signed off the moment you disconnect from such device. There is no way for anyone else to access anythong on your account.

In any case you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as an extra security measure, just to be sure (but that means you have to log-in again in your devices)

Happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts