Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to Facebook: I'm going to try this one more time before I'm done with Spotify

Connecting to Facebook: I'm going to try this one more time before I'm done with Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

So I have now had multiple chat sessions with Spotify and none of them have worked. I have googled this issue but all lead to the same advice, "It will take a couple days to sync" or "make sure this setting is turned on". Well it has been almost a month now and still no sync. And every setting is turned on that is needed for Facebook sync. 

1. Spotify is connected in my Facebook settings.

2. The 'Friends List' option is turned on

3. Facebook is connected to Spotify under 'Social'

4. I have turned on Facebook data in Spotify settings

5. I have logged out and logged back in to Spotify on all devices that have Spotify installed.

In fact, it has me "connect to Facebook" EVERY ATTEMPT in Spotify settings as if I never attempted it ever before. 

I just made a free account with another email to test and Facebook connected instantly. There is something with my account that is preventing Facebook and Spotify from speaking and I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out.

ANY advice to potentially fix this would be helpful. Thank you. 

z9y9csrpttm61.png
7 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate the time you've taken to troubleshoot this so far. Just to make sure that we're on the same page - with the new account, does the Friends Feed load successfully? 

Also, could you share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of your PC?

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When you say on the new account do you mean the free one I made to test facebook sync? Yes it loads instantly and perfectly.

My PC Spotify is on 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60. My Spotify recently updated but it was happening before the last update. So it's not the update. I'm using it on a HP All-in-one on windows 10. But I'm also using it on a MacBook pro and iPhone 12 pro. Like I said though my new free account had no issues with any device. This is an account level issue not device. Right?

Hi again @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the extra info.

Based on what you've mentioned and all the steps you've taken so far, it does seem to be an account-related issue. In this case, we suggest to keep using the new account. You can follow the steps in this guide to transfer your content to your new account.

If your current account was created through Facebook, you won't be able to unlink your Facebook profile from it on your end to link it to the new account. If that's the case, you can get in touch with our Support team here so they can give you a hand with this.

We hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is nothing personal to you Carlos (or any other mod) but this doesn't help lol I'm not going to transfer everything to a new account all while, using Spotify for years, having to build a whole new algorithm. Once again this is not you or the mods fault so I'm not coming down on you. This is Spotify and their own disability lol

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply.

Sometimes these kind of issues may appear on an account and the best way to go is to create a new account. This seems to be one of those cases as everything runs as expected in the other account with the same devices and the same network, and with all permissions enabled.

However, we understand your concerns and we'll make sure to pass your thoughts on to the right folks. Apologies for any inconvenience.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I am having the same issue. It's very annoying.

Hey @quackbiology,

Welcome to the Community!

We'd recommend following the advice in the discussion, to figure out if the issue is device related.

If after doing a clean reinstall nothing changes, try creating a new account and linking that one to your Facebook.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts