Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to people, when you don't have a facebook account

Solved!

Connecting to people, when you don't have a facebook account

I don't have a facebook account, is there any way I can share playlists with friends who set up their spotify account using facebook?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Absolutely. If you could ask for their username, you'll be able to add them as a 'Favorite' by searching for 'spotify:user:username'. You'll then be free to share any music you'd like with them. If they don't now their username, give them your username and get them to search for you.

Alternatively, right click on the playlist in questions and 'Copy HTTP Link' or 'Copy Spotify URI' and paste the link in an email. Your friend will then be able to click on it and subscribe.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Absolutely. If you could ask for their username, you'll be able to add them as a 'Favorite' by searching for 'spotify:user:username'. You'll then be free to share any music you'd like with them. If they don't now their username, give them your username and get them to search for you.

Alternatively, right click on the playlist in questions and 'Copy HTTP Link' or 'Copy Spotify URI' and paste the link in an email. Your friend will then be able to click on it and subscribe.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks.

Turns out the issue was they were giving me there facebook user name and not spotify user id.

This is a really non intuitive way to search for your friends.  HAve you guys heard of google or facebook or twiiter?  Have you seen how easy it is to connect to your friends on those services?  Its frustrating for people especially when not all of your friends have facebook accounts.  Please make this more intuitive in the future.

If my mom can't do it, Fail!

Does not work.
It's unbelievable that you haven't developed the simplest way to find friends. So if someone doesn't have fb cannot have friends on Spotify! How smart this is!!
I'm on the free trial of the premium but really this has put me off so much that I really don't think I will proceed buying it. You don't seem to be interested in the rest of the non-fb market anyway.

Suggested posts