Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection to FB: "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

Connection to FB: "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

On the desktop version, the button to connect to FB is unresponsive. So, I tried connecting my account to facebook via spotify's online site, but this message shows up "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

I'm not sure what to do. Please help, thanks!

6 Replies

Hi @mimi_shell, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We'd recommend reinstalling the app by following the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/. As soon as you do it, let us know if you have the same issue.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi there, sorry for posting here, but I'm having the same problem, both with android app and with the app in windows 10, and reinstalled both apps, but still the same problem persists. I want to link spotify with FB, but doesn't want to work. My last try in windows show this:

Spotify Facebook Authentication

Error: Server error. Please try again later.

Code: 2000

Hi there

I have the same problem. My Spotify account is connected with my Facebook, but since yesterday Spotify doesn't want to log me in on my desktop. If I click on log in with Facebook, it doesn't do anything. 

It is still working on my smartphone. 

Hey @Tam_An 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having trouble linking your Spotify with Facebook.

Can you let us know if the below tips helps:
> Double-check the steps here.

> Restart your devices
> Restart your router/ WiFi/ connection
> Clear your browser's cache/cookes
> Try things from a different device or browser

If not, get back to us and we'll see what else we can suggest!

@Annelies2 
Thanks for getting in touch too! It sounds like you're having a different issue.

Do the tips here help to get you logged back in?

Let us know.

Thanks!
/M

Hi @Aimee_T, thanks for the reply!

I reinstalled the spotify app according to the instructions, but the button to connect to FB is still unresponsive and the same notice comes up "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later." on the web version.

Hey @mimi_shell.

Sorry for the delay!
Were you able to try the tips suggested above, to see if they lend a hand?

These are:
> Restart your devices
> Restart your router/ WiFi/ connection
> Clear your browser's cache/cookes
> Try from a different device or browser

If you still need help, don't hesitate to let us know 🙂
/M

Suggested posts