Premium

Country

US

Device

Windows Store app on Desktop 

Operating System

Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

My account is a non-Facebook account. I've been trying to connect my account to FB. I open the Spotify desktop app. Click Connect to Facebook. I login to FB, which succeeds.

If I look at my settings in FB, it shows the app connection to Spotify. But the connection doesn't seem to be working. Every time I close the Spotify app the connection is lost. When I re-open Spotify, the button in Settings says Connect to Facebook.

My account used to be connected with a different FB account.

When I establish the connection to FB  and click Find Friends, it finds 0 on Spotify, which also suggests that the connection is not working correctly.

I contacted Spotify support and told all this to the support tech. He asked for my FB Spotify App ID and had me delete the app in FB settings. Poor guy really had no idea, and suggested I reinstall the Windows app, which did nothing to fix the issue.

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey there!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify should be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Solution!

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey there!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify should be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MRock Star 15

View solution in original post

piscatory
Casual Listener

Thanks. That was an easy fix. I must have opted-out ages ago.

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear my reply helped you. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MRock Star 15
handShake30fps.gif

lvntrv
Regular

It doesn't work for me. I've disabled my facebook account for a month. during this time I didn't have any issues with listening but now I reactivated my account and tried to login with facebook, my profile picture and name doesn't update. It's still same as before: no picture and username. But before disabling facebook my account had a profile picture and my name and surname was showing up. could u please help?

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hello @lvntrv!

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like your Spotify and Facebook accounts aren't linked correctly. In this case, I'd recommend checking out this Support article on how to use Spotify with Facebook for the next steps to take.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MRock Star 15

NirZak
Casual Listener

I am literally going through the same problem. Every time I tried to connect to Facebook it shows only 0 friends and whenever I exit from the application and open it again it shows me to connect to Facebook button again. I have literally tried every solution here. But nothing works. 

Jeremy

Hi there @NirZak,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you click the add friends Icon in the top right corner since it should bring you to the view where you can connect with Facebook.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

NirZak
Casual Listener

I don't know know what just happens. But today after the software got updated, the problem has been automatically fixed. Now I can see all my friends and add them.

SUGGESTED POSTS