Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant 0 minutes left on Spotify

Constant 0 minutes left on Spotify

I haven't listen to music on spotify for over a week now. Every time I log in, it says my time is up, and that I have exceeded my 10 hour time limit. But this is impossible, since I havent even listend to music.

I'm sure no one else is using my account, because I have changed my password multiple times already. 

I have no idea how to solve this problem, so here's my question.. how do I get to liten to music again?

thanx in advance!

10 Replies

I got the very same problem! Did you get any response to your post? How can I contact Spotify so they check what's wrong with me?

Hi Babaz - So your hours are divided into 2.5 hours per week--a total of 10 per month.

One day this week you should get another 2.5 hours of listening. I just can't confirm exactly which day. 

Thank you for the quick and clear reply.

Is there a way I can get a better view on the minutes I spend, because it seems I use my 2.5 very very quickly, so quickly that I start questionning the accuracy of the counting.

I'm stuck at 20 min for days now...

As you're there, let me ask another question. I live in Switzerland, in the French speaking part - only 20% of the country, the rest being mostly Swiss German. The ads are sometimes in Fr, sometimes in Eng, sometimes in Swiss German, is there a setting I shuold change to get them in Fr only? -Eng would do as well, but please, no Swiss German! 😉 

thank you

As far as I am aware, the only way to view your minutes remaining is the timer in the top right of the desktop client, which only appears when you have less than 1 hour remaining. 

Also, there is currently no way to filter Spotify adverts. If you would like to see this implemented, have a read at this ideas topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem here every time i open spotify, but it's a fake alert..

If you didn't really use your time left, just keep trying to play a song, it will start soon or later and "0 minutes left" will no longer appear for that session (unless u really exceed the time of course).

Anyway they should fix it, it's quite annoying.. First the restrictions, now this.

@IRA3181 wrote:

Same problem here every time i open spotify, but it's a fake alert..

If you didn't really use your time left, just keep trying to play a song, it will start soon or later and "0 minutes left" will no longer appear for that session (unless u really exceed the time of course).

Anyway they should fix it, it's quite annoying.. First the restrictions, now this.

Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update, in the meantime the web player doesn't appear to have this issue. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've got the same problem. I have reinstalled Spotify, changed my password, asked to shut off all active sessions. I have tried to click music to get it started. But still nothing. No I haven't used my 2,5 hours cause I haven't been able to play music at all for some weeks now. And actually I haven't used my account for 6 months so makes me wonder how am I allready on restricted time. 

I contacted Spotify and they directed me back to help or community. And it was in comunity they told me to contact Spotify in the first place.

So please can this be fixed so I can use my account again. 

Thank you

If you reply to the automated response you received, your case will be pushed to one of the consultants. Meanwhile, have you tried using the web player?

I am having this problem for a month now, whenever ı try spotify I have 0 minute left. 

@Saharsalamat If you're in Turkey, you get 60 hours free listening a month for your first four months. This is covered in the Terms and Conditions.

Suggested posts