Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Convert Premium Account to Free

Convert Premium Account to Free

I recently cancelled my spotify premium free trial (before the end date) and I want it to go back to the free account immediately. It is currently scheduled to transition back on January 13th, but I would rather it happen ASAP. 

My case # is: 00444229

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I see you have a case number, did you receive an automated email reply telling you to post on the community? If so, just reply directly to that email again and your case will be pushed to a member of the team 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Just out of curiosity, why would you want that?

It's a free trial and if you canceled you don't need to fear any payments aftewards.

So you should enjoy the premium features while they last - or do I miss something here? 🙂

Just had a look at your account. You should revert to the free version of Spotify on 14th January, so no payments will be made (unless you choose to resubscribe).

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for all of the good responses. While I understand that the premium trial runs out In mid January, I would like to go back to the free account now.

I am working on a big project for work and the temptation to scan through music on my phone is far too much! I have very little self control and would rather just have access to the radio for the time being. I don't understand why you guys can't just downgrade the account. I would prefer to not have to delete the account and go back to pandora, especially since I am planning on purchasing premium after the holiday/project.

And just to follow that up, this has nothing to do with me being worried that my credit card will be charged.

Just get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form in that case and they might be able to assist you to remove the subscription 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts