Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Convert facbook account to spotify only account

Convert facbook account to spotify only account

Spotify has recently dropped the Facebook account requirement, at least here in Austria. Is there any way to convert my account to a Spotify-only account and remove any ties to my Facebook account? Or will it at least be possible at some point in the future?

4 Replies

To my knowledge, you would need to create the old style account. Stop making your facebook account as premium, upgrade the old style account to premium, add your facebook account as a friend to your old style account, drag & drop / copy the playlists (published) to your new profile. Ask Staff to delete the facebook account.

You can then choose to link the old style account to Facebook or not. Your choise..

This is how it goes to my understanding. Staff can't do the transaction for you.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

You can't do it. You must make a new account and start over.

@neo-x: depends on who you mean with "staff" ;). It's doubtful that there is no way at all. What you describe is rather cumbersome.

That was the situation for me. Just saw a post that they can move playlists possibly but they are uneditable, you still need to copy then "again" to a new playlist to gain access to them or sort.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Suggested posts