Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Convert premium free to family member

Solved!

Convert premium free to family member

Hi,

I have an  active Premium account. My girlfriend is in the last days of her free premium trail. Now I upgraded my premium account to a family account and sent her an invite. When she tries to use the invite, she gets the response: 'je komt niet in aanmerking voor dit abonnement' which is Dutch for "you are not eligible for this subscription". 

Can anyone help? Hope she can keep her playlists..... 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes! 🙂 Just make sure she/you add her existing account to your family plan once her account drops to free. All of her playlists and followers will remain on the account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

See needs to cancel her Premium, wait for her account to drop to Spotify free then she can accept your invite.

Peter

Can she keep her playlists?
Marked as solution

Yes! 🙂 Just make sure she/you add her existing account to your family plan once her account drops to free. All of her playlists and followers will remain on the account.

Peter

Hi,

I am having the same problem, my husband just sent me a family invite and as I tried to accept it I got the notification that I am not eligable for the invite? I checked my subscription and its def. Spotify free...

can you help me?

Bora

@borab - Could you try getting your husband to cancel the invite from the admin controls and then re-send it? 

Peter

I have the same problem, and no, I can't cancel the invite and re-send it. I tried, and got this message: Unfortunately, there is no support at the moment to make this type of change to your subscription. Contact our customer service team who can help you further.

We have contacted Customer Service but have received no response. I love the Familly Plan but the implementation was completely botched. 

@Skepilot 

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. (8 digit number)

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts