Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Correcting misinformation for artist (me) and double artist profile

Correcting misinformation for artist (me) and double artist profile

My band is on Spotify but I have no way to change the band photo used (the image used is to large and displays only the midsection of the singer), or add a header image as seen on other artist pages.

Also the band bio is inaccurate and needs to be totally replaced and there's a second artist page for me (under my personal name) which just lists the same albums as my band but also mistakenly includes an album I never participated in (perhaps another artist with a similar name did). I cannot find any info on how artists go about getting help on Spotify. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Sean

19 Replies

Hey @SpaceCrawler,

You can reach out to the artist services team by filling out this contact form: https://artists.spotify.com/contact

Also, Spotify is moving to a direction where they have a single, globally recognizable profile picture for each artist. When you update your image, it’ll update both your avatar and header image to the same picture.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I sent a message to the link you provided (or tried to). All I get is continual error messages saying that "something went wrong".
How do we artists update our image? We have no control ovver the potify profiles, which is not a good situation to be put in as the artist.

Hey @SpaceCrawler,

Thanks for reaching back out.

It’s simple to update your photo using Spotify Fan Insights:

1. Click the circular profile photo in the upper left hand corner of your dashboard.
  2. This will launch the Spotify desktop app (make sure you’re logged into Spotify using the same account connected to Fan Insights).
  3. Once your artist page is open, click the blue “edit images” button on your photo. Follow the prompts to upload a new image.

To make sure you look your best on Spotify, your image should:

• place the artist face in the center of the photo and as far away from all edges as possible.
  • be at least 2660px x 1140px, but preferably 6000px x 4000px.
  • not exceed 20MB.
  • not contain any infringing or offensive materials.
  • not contain any writing or brand advertising.
  • comply with Spotify's Copyright Policy.
MaximSpotify Star

I applied to Spotify Fan Insights. How long does it usually take to be verified? I completed all info with verified accounts.

It can take a few weeks to hear back from them.

MaximSpotify Star

And what about the other problems?

1. Correcting the inaccurate and badly written biography

2. deleting a page for the singer that should not exist or at least removing music credited to the singer that he does not sing on?

3. Why does my band profile say I'm following 2 artists when I'm not following any and why when clicking on the Following link does the page never load?

1. All biographies are pulled from Rovi’s database. If your biography is inaccurate, please contact Rovi directly at content.music@rovicorp.com.
  2. Please reach out to your distributor or aggregator and they'll work with the Spotify team to make sure your artist page is fixed.
  3. This is probably just a temporary issue, I would wait a few weeks and then reach out again if it still says that.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I've done all three of those things.

1. I contacted Rovi long LONG ago (2013) and no reply. Before that I was told by my distrubtor (Orchard) and the online retailers I was able to get a reply from that All Music Guide was responsible for the band biographies they used. AMG just copied a badly written and totally inaccurate bio from Wikipedia (so inaccurate they had the name of my band wrong for half the bio and listed fictional band members who never existed!). I tried contacting them multiple times in 2006 with no response. Now it's Rovi who is responsible and who is using part of the same wrong biography, but they don't reply to artist inquiries (still haven't heard a reply from my 2013 emails). So what do I do?

2. I contacted my distrbutor, Orchard, no reply.

3. It says I've been follwoing 2 artists since the first day I created my Spotify account and I've never been able to access that link. So it's not a temprary issue.

1. The biography is coming from Rovi / All Music so i'd recommend reaching out to them again.
  2. I highly recommend reaching out to them again, as they would be able to get this fixed for sure.
  3. Does it say that on your artist page or user profile?
MaximSpotify Star

1. Sent email again today.
2. Ditto.
3. I have no idea. My band is called London After Midnight. I had to create a profile (as recomended by Orchard some time ago in order to admin my music, or whatever they claimed was possible to do with an account at the time) but I have no idea if it's actually connected to my band listing. So I had to create a web profile, which I could only name londonaftermidnight (which I can acces on my web browser), then I was able to somehow create a Spotify profile called London After Midnight, which is what is used with the Spotify App. I assume it's referencing the band because it seems to have a blue check mark. Does the blue check mean it's verified?

Anyway see attached photo, you'll see my Spotify app profile and note that it says I'm following 2 artists. When I click that link nothing ever happens. See second attached image for what occurs when clicking that link. When I click my "Followers" link it loads normally.

q.png
z.png

Thanks for the info. The blue checkmark means that you're a verified artist. 🙂

The Spotify Support team can definitely look into the following count issue, just contact them through one of the channels below:

Contact form: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?contact
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/spotifycares

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star

@Maxim wrote:

Hey @SpaceCrawler,

Thanks for reaching back out.

It’s simple to update your photo using Spotify Fan Insights:

1. Click the circular profile photo in the upper left hand corner of your dashboard.
  2. This will launch the Spotify desktop app (make sure you’re logged into Spotify using the same account connected to Fan Insights).
  3. Once your artist page is open, click the blue “edit images” button on your photo. Follow the prompts to upload a new image.

To make sure you look your best on Spotify, your image should:

• place the artist face in the center of the photo and as far away from all edges as possible.
  • be at least 2660px x 1140px, but preferably 6000px x 4000px.
  • not exceed 20MB.
  • not contain any infringing or offensive materials.
  • not contain any writing or brand advertising.
  • comply with Spotify's Copyright Policy.

Ok, am now in Fan Insights. When I click the EDIT IMAGE I get an error mesage (see attached image).
Also what is the Artist Pick? It says I can edit that too but when I click the link and go to the spotify app it shows nothing that I can edit or anything that says Artist Pick.
NOTE: I'm uing Mac OS x 10.6.8.

aaaaaa.png

It seems like you're still using a very old version of the Spotify app. 

Right now, Spotify's System requirements for Mac are:

• OS X 10.9 or above

https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-system-requirements/

I believe that you would need to update your Mac in order to be able to install the newest version of Spotify.

Once your device meets Spotify's System Requirements, you should be able to make the newest version of the Spotify app run with no problems 🙂 In the new version you'll also be able to use the artist pick feature and update/set a artist picture.

MaximSpotify Star

I'm using Spotify version 0.9.15.27 and I cannot update my OS due to other programs I'm using (and the fact that other Mac OS don't work as well). Are you saying I cannot use Fan Insights with version 0.9.15.27?

You can use the Fan Insights site to view your statistics and stuff but you won't be able to update your artist picture or set an artist pick as the two features have been introduced very recently and aren't included in the older versions of the Spotify app.

For your information, the newest Spotify app version is 1.0.45 for devices which meet Spotify's System Requirements. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Can I use the Fan Insights site to update my Spotify images using my Kindle Fire device? If so, how? (I think it's using system 7.5.1).
I just logged in but the website looks different, you don't have the image in the upper left that allows you to pick Edit Image or Edit Artist Pick like the web version has. But I clicked the name of my band and it opened a screen that said something about using the Artist Pick, I clicked that, it opened my Spotify app, but then nothing. Nothing to edit, no mention of Artist pick (or even what it is and how it differs from editing your images), etc.

Hey @SpaceCrawler,

Nope, unfortunately these two things can only be edited from the desktop app. Tablet/mobile phone apps aren't supported.

MaximSpotify Star

I was able to borrow a PC and updated the photo.
But I had a question- the image shown when you search for my band, or that appears when you click Profile, show the old photo that is mis-aligned (see photos, it's the photo with the red background). Will that photo change?

r.png
rr.png

It should update within 2-3 (business) days.
MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts