Correcting misinformation for artist (me) and double artist profile

Highlighted

Correcting misinformation for artist (me) and double artist profile

Music Fan

My band is on Spotify but I have no way to change the band photo used (the image used is to large and displays only the midsection of the singer), or add a header image as seen on other artist pages.

Also the band bio is inaccurate and needs to be totally replaced and there's a second artist page for me (under my personal name) which just lists the same albums as my band but also mistakenly includes an album I never participated in (perhaps another artist with a similar name did). I cannot find any info on how artists go about getting help on Spotify. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Sean

19 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Correcting misinformation for artist (me) and double artist profile

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @SpaceCrawler,

You can reach out to the artist services team by filling out this contact form: https://artists.spotify.com/contact

Also, Spotify is moving to a direction where they have a single, globally recognizable profile picture for each artist. When you update your image, it’ll update both your avatar and header image to the same picture.

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Music Fan

I sent a message to the link you provided (or tried to). All I get is continual error messages saying that "something went wrong".
How do we artists update our image? We have no control ovver the potify profiles, which is not a good situation to be put in as the artist.

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @SpaceCrawler,

Thanks for reaching back out.

It’s simple to update your photo using Spotify Fan Insights:

1. Click the circular profile photo in the upper left hand corner of your dashboard.
  2. This will launch the Spotify desktop app (make sure you’re logged into Spotify using the same account connected to Fan Insights).
  3. Once your artist page is open, click the blue “edit images” button on your photo. Follow the prompts to upload a new image.

To make sure you look your best on Spotify, your image should:

• place the artist face in the center of the photo and as far away from all edges as possible.
  • be at least 2660px x 1140px, but preferably 6000px x 4000px.
  • not exceed 20MB.
  • not contain any infringing or offensive materials.
  • not contain any writing or brand advertising.
  • comply with Spotify's Copyright Policy.
MaximRock Star 24
Highlighted

Music Fan

I applied to Spotify Fan Insights. How long does it usually take to be verified? I completed all info with verified accounts.

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

It can take a few weeks to hear back from them.

MaximRock Star 24
Highlighted

Music Fan

And what about the other problems?

1. Correcting the inaccurate and badly written biography

2. deleting a page for the singer that should not exist or at least removing music credited to the singer that he does not sing on?

3. Why does my band profile say I'm following 2 artists when I'm not following any and why when clicking on the Following link does the page never load?

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
  1. All biographies are pulled from Rovi’s database. If your biography is inaccurate, please contact Rovi directly at content.music@rovicorp.com.
  2. Please reach out to your distributor or aggregator and they'll work with the Spotify team to make sure your artist page is fixed.
  3. This is probably just a temporary issue, I would wait a few weeks and then reach out again if it still says that.

Thanks 🙂

MaximRock Star 24
Highlighted

Music Fan

I've done all three of those things.

1. I contacted Rovi long LONG ago (2013) and no reply. Before that I was told by my distrubtor (Orchard) and the online retailers I was able to get a reply from that All Music Guide was responsible for the band biographies they used. AMG just copied a badly written and totally inaccurate bio from Wikipedia (so inaccurate they had the name of my band wrong for half the bio and listed fictional band members who never existed!). I tried contacting them multiple times in 2006 with no response. Now it's Rovi who is responsible and who is using part of the same wrong biography, but they don't reply to artist inquiries (still haven't heard a reply from my 2013 emails). So what do I do?

2. I contacted my distrbutor, Orchard, no reply.

3. It says I've been follwoing 2 artists since the first day I created my Spotify account and I've never been able to access that link. So it's not a temprary issue.

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
  1. The biography is coming from Rovi / All Music so i'd recommend reaching out to them again.
  2. I highly recommend reaching out to them again, as they would be able to get this fixed for sure.
  3. Does it say that on your artist page or user profile?
MaximRock Star 24
SUGGESTED POSTS