Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country Settings

Country Settings

My Question or Issue

I just got back to Australia from overseas and need to change my country back to Australia to use Spotify but it isn’t showing up. What do I do? I don’t want to have to get premium just for this.

9 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to the community !

Please check out this help guide on "Country Settings" and see if it helps.

Let me know if it helped 😃

I have a similar problem.  I am from UK but am in France for a few weeks. I got the message asking me to update my coutry in my profile.  In the profile it shows UK but when I click on it to try to change country, it doesn't show a drop down list so I can't change it.

Hey @timboUK and @PrimeNeos,

Could you log in on your account page on another device and see if you can change the country settings? Also make sure to turn off any VPN connection you may have, and change between different WiFi's and mobile data to see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes, and get back with a screenshot if it still doesn't work. 

All the best!

I've tried different devices and wi fi networks but its just the same. I don't know how to turn off my VPN on my MacBook and I don't have mobile data on my iPhone.

Once you find out how to turn off the VPN settings on your Macboo, and then login to your account and change the country settings it should work. Unfortunately I am not a Macbook owner, so I cannot help in that respect

Thanks for your reply. I have now tried to change the country setting using another device, a windows laptop, with VPN switched off. Still no joy. It still only shows the UK on the drop down country menu.
Is there really no way I can speak directly to Spotify about this problem? It seems ridiculous.

Hey @timboUK.

Thanks for letting us know - let's see what else we can do.

Could you try opening the country settings page in an incognito window or in a different browser and see if that changes anything?

If that doesn't work, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end when you try to select the country? Once we have that, we'll be able to investigate further.

Thanks! We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Here is a screenshot I took using an alternative browser (microsoft edge) and in an incognito window.
When I click on the country it just goes blue. On another device it appeared to come up with a dropdown menu but only listing the UK.

Hey @timboUK,

Thanks for letting us know.

We didn't receive your screenshot - do you mind sending it over again?

Once we have that, we'll be able to help you out further.

Thanks!

Suggested posts