Plan

Free

Country

Thailand

Device

Operating System

iOS 10,  Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

I tried to upgrade my plan to PREMIUM but when I gave my credit card coordinates (Belgium credit card issuer), I got a message saying that Credit card issuer country and country have to be the same.

I tried to change the country in my profile but the only choice available is THAILAND.

What do I need to do?

Thanks already for your help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jahil,

Welcome to the community!

Right now, the country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile so that Spotify can verify your location. 

You can only change the country in your Spotify profile if you are currently in the country you would like to change it to. If you are currently in Thailand, you cannot change it to any country other than Thailand, meaning that you will need to use a payment method issued in Thailand to subscribe to Premium.

For more information on changing your country, check out the Country Settings support article.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jahil,

Welcome to the community!

Right now, the country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile so that Spotify can verify your location. 

You can only change the country in your Spotify profile if you are currently in the country you would like to change it to. If you are currently in Thailand, you cannot change it to any country other than Thailand, meaning that you will need to use a payment method issued in Thailand to subscribe to Premium.

For more information on changing your country, check out the Country Settings support article.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

thank you for your help

@jahil Your welcome! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with 🙂

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:2PXdUld4Ueio2pHcB6sM8j:small

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts