Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country change suggestie South Africa, I am in Europese...

Solved!

Country change suggestie South Africa, I am in Europese...

Plan

Free

Country

The Netherlands

My Question or Issue

I need to change my country in Account Settings to The Netherlands as I am staying here for a month and a half. However, the only option I am given is to choose South Africa as my country. I am in The Netherlands for 2 weeks now. What do I need to do so I can use Spotify again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @deirdremeursing,

Nothing to be stressed about but just in case, i would recommend strengthening your account protection just in case.

To do so, please make sure to follow the instructions on this help page.

Keep me posted 🙂 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there @deirdremeursing,

thanks for posting !

I'm not sure i fully understand you status.

Could you state your country of origin and let me know where you've initially created your Spotify account ?

Bear in mind that if you're already on a Premium subscription you won't need to change your country settings as you can use it for as long as your want.

Keep me posted 🙂

Originally I started my Premium account in The Netherlands. Then I moved to Portugal and recebtly changed it to Free. Now I'm back in The Netherlands for a couple weeks and want to change it back to The Netherlands, so I can use it here too.

See image to see what I see as my opyion to choose a country.

IMG_20200109_134416.png

Hi @deirdremeursing,

thanks for keeping me in the loop!

Have you changed payment methods ? done any changes to your device GPS ?

Anything that might effect the whereabouts of you device ?

I would also recommend using a PC or Mac for the process as it might help solving the issue.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Yeah, it's kinda weird, right?

I'll try it on a PC first and will come back to you if it still won't work.

I don't know what could make Spotify think I'm halfway across the globe, but I will check those things as well.

Marked as solution

Hi @deirdremeursing,

Nothing to be stressed about but just in case, i would recommend strengthening your account protection just in case.

To do so, please make sure to follow the instructions on this help page.

Keep me posted 🙂 

Okay, so the PC thing worked out! I can now access the app on my phone again. Also, I have checked my account settings and everything should be fine now. Still don't know why South Africa came up on the list, but these things happen sometimes, I guess...

Thank you a lot for your assistance and fast replys. Very much appreciated.

Hi @deirdremeursing,

thanks for following my advise !

Glad to hear it all works out now.

Always here for you, enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts