Country

From France to Switzerland

Device

Samsung A8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi,

A few years ago I created my account in France (Free plan) but never used it. Since then I moved to Switzerland. I want to change my country in my account but I can't do it from Switzerland. As I want to test Spotify before subscribing a Premium plan I would like to know how to proceed to change my country in my account.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @sdufaut,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The possible reason why you can't currently change your accounts country is that you have used a Free Spotify edition which can only be used abroad for 14 days before it asks the user to upgrade.

However, if the steps provided here guiding you on how to change your country have not helped, it's best to create a new account in your new country of residence.

Bear in mind that for it to function correctly, you need to provide a matching payment method issued in the same country of residence.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @sdufaut,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The possible reason why you can't currently change your accounts country is that you have used a Free Spotify edition which can only be used abroad for 14 days before it asks the user to upgrade.

However, if the steps provided here guiding you on how to change your country have not helped, it's best to create a new account in your new country of residence.

Bear in mind that for it to function correctly, you need to provide a matching payment method issued in the same country of residence.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

thx

That's waht I did

Hi @sdufaut,

thanks for following my advise !

Glad to see you've manged through.

Don't hesitate to ask any further questions you may have.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts