Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country/ credit card address problems....

Country/ credit card address problems....

Hi everyone!

Just trying to finally get Spotify Premium, but it wont let me...

My address (which is also my billing address) is in Germany. The card Im trying to use is from an English bank; but its a Euro account.

On the UK website I cant upgrade as I don't have a UK postal code/ billing address; on the German site I cannot upgrade as I have a card issued by a UK bank...???

Anyone has any ideas what to do next?

Paypal is out of the question for me. Had nothing but trouble with it.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey there @inselkind46, welcome to the community!

Contact the payments team via the online contact form to discuss your options as your situation is complex. If you receive a "no-reply" email directing you back to the community, please reply to it and you will be connected with an agent that will be more than happy to assist you! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Thanks. I have tried that and hoping they get back to me soon-ish!

@inselkind46 wrote:

Thanks. I have tried that and hoping they get back to me soon-ish!

No problem! It may take awhile for a response due to the holiday season, but they'll definitely get back to you! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi all, just writing an update for people who might have the same problem.

Turns out Spotify can only take payment for premium upgrades if your IP adress, credit card issue and billing country and country where you register the Spotify account match up. This came out after about 10 emails back and forth.

A way around it could be buying a gift certificate for yourself but then one cannot take advantage of any deals.

Looks like no Spotify for me now.

Good luck if anyone has the same problem!

Suggested posts