Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Country error' in family plan

Solved!

'Country error' in family plan

Hello, i'm trying to add a member in my family account, but keep getting the 'same country' error.

My account (family plan host) was created a long time ago, and my country code is "BR" (with uppercase);

And the account that i'm trying to add has the "br" country code (with lowercase);

I've tryed the development debug on firefox method, but it didn't worked.

Help please? 

conta_princiapl.png
conta_secundaria.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@FelipeCRamos

If your country codes appear different in your profiles, one of them in uppercase and the other in lowercase, the system treats them as different countries.

I suspect that sometimes accounts may take the country information from the Facebook profile, or the payment method. Try disconnecting Facebook from the account, deleting hte payment info, and update your country in profile for the account with the lowercase country.

If that doesn't do it, contact customer support through this link and explain them the situation:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Please let us know how it goes.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

@FelipeCRamos

If your country codes appear different in your profiles, one of them in uppercase and the other in lowercase, the system treats them as different countries.

I suspect that sometimes accounts may take the country information from the Facebook profile, or the payment method. Try disconnecting Facebook from the account, deleting hte payment info, and update your country in profile for the account with the lowercase country.

If that doesn't do it, contact customer support through this link and explain them the situation:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Please let us know how it goes.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts