Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country not on the list

Country not on the list

Hello,

if I live in a country that is not on the list of countries can I still listen to spotify? I listened to it free fro 14 days, and now I checked and my country is not on your list and at my profile it says USA, and the reason it stopped working is that I cannot listen more than 14 days abroad. I don't have an US IP.  My question is, if I get a premium account will it work? Since my payment method will not be from USA?

I currently live in Romania.

Tnx.

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately; your payment card country must be the same as the country your Spotify account is set to. If you have a US card; you can set your Spotify country to US and as far as Spotify is concerned you can listen to the US catalogue.

However, if your payment is not from a supported country; then unfortunately you will need to wait for Spotify to come to Romania

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify is not yet available in Romania, hence why you can't change your country to their in your online profile and have lost access to Spotify after 14 days. 

If you have a payment method from a country where Spotify is available, then you can use that to change your country to there and subscribe. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the prompt responses! I hope spotify considers other countries and will eventually get to Romania.. Until then I will have to ask a friend to make my payments.

🙂

Another question.... does Payment via Paypal work?

Tnx again 🙂

@zaria_mc wrote:

Another question.... does Payment via Paypal work?

Tnx again 🙂

Yes, Spotify accept PayPal in a number of countries (you would need to check on the subscription page if its available to you). 
Be aware that in order to pay for Spotify using PayPal, your PayPal account needs to be verifed and be connected to a valid credit/debit card since Spotify use credit card information to verify your location.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts