NEXT STEP

Country not updating after changing payment method

Country not updating after changing payment method

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Hi,

I recently moved to Germany and wanted to get a Duo plan with my SO. Unfortunately, after switching to Duo, updating my payment method to my German credit card and waiting for the next billing period, the country is still set to Austria.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey, @dudedra 
Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

The country isn't changed automatically. You need to do it manually through your account overview page, following these steps:

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Luan,

thank you for the response!

Unfortunately, changing my country is still unavailable. The country selection is still grayed out.

The support page linked sadly only asks for premium users to update their payment method to one linked to the new country and wait for the next billing cycle.

Thank you

Hey again, @dudedra 

Thanks for keeping me posted! Could you confirm for me if you're already in Germany? I'm asking it because your new country or region only shows when you’re actually there. 

Even if you're in Germany and the option isn't appearing, I recommend that you wait until the next billing date to check again if the change of the payment method will affect the country setting. However, if you are experiencing any trouble with your Premium benefits or payments, let me know.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts