Plan

Free

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9plus

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I started using spotify while on a trip to Mexico,  my account thinks that im from Mexico.   This wouldn't be an issue except it has locked me out of using my account after 14 days of being back in the states.   How do I change my country of origin or unlock my account so I can use it.   Thanks

8 Replies

Hello @Miker2984!

Not to worry - You should be able to easily solve this issue by changing your Spotify country settings in your Spotify account page.

Make sure to let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a free UAE registered spotify account and have been using it in Dubai without issue for the past week (on Xbox). Yesterday I had been logged out and when I try to log back in it tells me "only available abroad for 14 days". I have checked my account and my registered country is still UAE so wonder how to resolve this.

Hello there!

Can you make sure you're logged in with the right account when you check your country settings? You can find more info on this here. Also, can you let me know if you're using a VPN? This could be interfering with things. 

Keep me posted and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi José

I have double checked and I am definately logged into the correct account (I opened the account specifically for the UAE once I heard Spotify had arrived here). Not using a VPN.

Hello there! Thanks for reaching out.

Can you let me know if this also happens using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection. You might be able to solve this by changing the country in the bottom right corner to the UAE. I'd also recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

Let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi Jose

I followed your instructions:

1) Made sure flag in bottomm right corner UAE

2) Made sure country in profile drop down was United Arab Emirates

3) Tried to log in again

Same issue: "can only use spotify abroad for 14 days..."

So I tried using the Apple Mac app. Received error as per screenprint attached. So I went back into profile and changed to another random country, saved, exited then went back to profile and re entered United Arab Emirates and saved.

Still no success...

Spotify error.png

Success!

I did some digging around in the network settings and found my DNS settings were manual. I changed this to automatic and this did the trick.

Hey @kossakk! I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Back-to-the-music500px.gif

Suggested posts