Premium

Country

Spain

Device

PC

Operating System

w10

My Question or Issue

I'm pretty annoyed with the music suggested by Spotify since it usually suggests only playlists or artists that are from Spain or Mex or whatever Spanish speaking country, which usually are low tier trap singers, angsty/romantic pop singers or just junk. Even tho not everything is that bad I don't get to like any of it.

I usually like to listen to English/North American music or anything sung in English and I tend to dislike anything related to Spanish lyrics or anything. Is there any way to change this so I can discover through Spotify something that ain't angsty romantic soft pop sang by a fuccboi with a super soft voice in Spanish or artists that are actually popular internationally? I mean changing the suggestions you get based on ip/location or system language or whatever it is that decides I get to see that stuff whenever I'm looking for something that is actually good.

2 Replies

@@carlaFromSpaña

The only thing that can resolve this is to listen to more American music. A good suggestion (which I often do myself), is to listen to American radio stations and then use Shazam to automatically put those songs in to your Spotify. This will eventually help to change Spotify's algorithms in your account.

However, keep in mind that since you're in Spain, some American music may not be available to you due to licensing.

so its right to guess Spotify won't do anything about location based suggestions? That's unfortunate.

Suggested posts