Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country

Country

My IP address says I am in the UK (phone bought in Sweden though ). I live in Germany and bought a card because I wanted to use my free Spotify account. I don't mind creating a new account if needed since the old one was created in another country. But how do I get around that my phone says I'm in the UK but I actually live and want to listen to music in Germany? Sorry about my poor knowledge of electronics, haha.
2 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You need to change your country in order to redeem the card,myou can change your country here: https://www.spotify.com/accounts/profile/

If you cannot change it, you should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Hi there and welcome to the Spotify Community.

I'm not going to repeat @OviiiOne but I will explain something else. If you have a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection, for example from your work. You can get through a sort of 'tunnel' and your internet will think it's somewhere else.

For example someone works in a multinational and they have their infrastructure in the UK but you live in Germany and your phone uses their connection through a VPN, it'll think that you are in the UK.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Suggested posts