Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created Spotify account with one FB account, deleted FB account, now cannot link to 2nd FB account.

Created Spotify account with one FB account, deleted FB account, now cannot link to 2nd FB account.

Plan

Premium (Student)

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook Early 2016, app version 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f 

Samsung Galaxy S10 5G (SM-G977B), app version 8.5.14.752

Operating System

Macbook: Mojave 10.14.5, Samsung OneUI 1.1 - Android 9

My Question or Issue

Howdy, I initially joined Spotify some years ago by using the Facebook plugin. I then deactivated, then deleted that original FB account, but stayed on Spotify. Now I do not have the option of linking my ongoing Spotify account with a new Facebook account (there is no option to restore the old FB account, as it was deleted over a year ago). The option is just not there to link FB with Spotify. Is there any way to get this to work?

In my online account, under privacy settings, I have 'Process my Facebook Data' set to Yes. I have also tried to login to FB through the spotify connector tool in the sidebar, but it came back with an error saying 'Sorry we could not find friends to follow'.

Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.51.43 am.png
5 Replies

Hey there!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. I'd recommend checking out this Support article on how to link your Spotify and Facebook accounts for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply! I've had a look through the link provided and have found that the desktop app is still linked to my old (now permanently deleted) account, and my new facebook account is linked, with a different facebook ID to the same (?) spotify app. There appears to be no way to unlink on the desktop app, so I can link the correct account, unless it is somewhere else in the settings?

Hey there!

In that case, I'd recommend checking out this Support article for tips on how to unlink your Spotify and Facebook accounts. 

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thank you. Unfortunately this does not work either. I disconnected the original facebook account a long time ago. Spotify will still not allow me to connect a new FB profile 😕

Hello @user-removed!

In that case, can you let me know if you were you logging in through Facebook or with your e-mail and password? Also, which Facebook account is currently linked to the Spotify app and on which device? It might also be worth mentioning how exactly it appears in the Spotify app. A screenshot would be very useful. 

Thank you 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts