Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Solved!

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Seems like a simple action but i am unable to move a song from a playlist, i created, from bottom to top?

Thanks.

169 Replies

I've also tried double clicking the playlist ( the named folder if you want to call it that). I then go into the playlist and wow it works! Once. I move one song and I'm ok. yay! Then I go to move another. Crash. Back to home screen.

It just sucks.

Please explain HOW TO unselect a column header. I clicked everywhere else and the arrow still appears on a column header. Where is the DESELCT?

Which app are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Jamie,

I'm sorry but I do see these green triangles. Mine have arrows pointing down in them and I guess I always thought if them as just part of the avatar/image/call it what you will .

I also thought the arrow pointing down was a kind of confirmation that all of the playlist songs have been downloaded (by me).

So anyway, pleased that I found my green triangle, I tried it your way.(and yes, I never mess with "starred" playlist and I always start off my editing attempts by hitting edit. The shape and/or size of the text box with each song in it seems to shift a little, the = sign appears in the right side if the box (at least I think it's a =sign. It's been so long since I've edited anything that worked in a normal, predictable, non stress inducing way.)

Confusing series of ()...sorry.

So now I try hitting the green area before I hit edit. I hit edit then I hit the green triangle . On alternate weekdays when the female Robin lays her eggs....in other words, occasionally and without logic as to why, the songs will then go into their good old happy editing look and I think everything is gonna be fine.

No.

When I depress the text box, using the mark at the end of the right side, instead of moving up and down the playlist where I want it to go - and I've lowered my expectations so much that I try to move the song just ome or two songs up or down - the entire playlist gets that "select all" darkening or nothing happens excepts the entire Spotify system crashes.

What is the green triangle supposed to do? And am I right in assuming I just do what I always used to do with "sort" - ignore it.

There has to be a way to make this work. Otherwise, I'm just loading on songs without any control over the order I can listen to them in. That's just nuts - it smells like 1999.

Thanks,so much .

@Changshafu - Is it possible to get a screenshot of your Spotify?

Peter

Hi there,
I've attached two screenshots because I'm so eager to get this fixed! The other day I depressed the playlist image and then hit edit within the playlist or vice versa, and then moved an actual song 20 songs up from where it was! I was so happy!

Then of course the next time I tried I crashed.

I apologize for my ignorance about the green triangles - as I said earlier I see them enough to not see them. They mark every playlist as fully downloaded to off line, right?

Going to go check and see if any Spotify update or bug list has been posted,

Until then, you guys are all I got! Please let me know if attachments can be seen.

Thanks so.

Judy
image.jpg
image.jpg

@Changshafu @Peter__ - Notifying myself to test this when I get a chance. Thanks for the screenshots, really helps to diagnose the problem.

Peter

Here's my screenshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6245466/ux.png

How do I reorder??

Thank you

@paydro44 - You can't reorder in the web player I'm afraid.

Peter

Suddenly , it works! Like magic. Nothing I did, so I guess the bug was fixed. Wish Spotify told/would tell me what the problem was, but it works now, I can move my songs around now and all is well.

Thank you all so much for all your help.

Thank you so much for trying to help. Thanks for taking the time and effort. As I said ^, it now works and it's through nothing I did or changed or anything. Wish I knew what the problem was but at last I can reorder my songs and I'm very very very happy about that.

Thank you again, encore, and duo xie.

SOLVED!!  for me anyway....this was driving me crazy too.  Some of my playlists I could sort and some I couldn't.  To turn off column selection as mentioned in the veryfirst post, Select the column header once where the arrow appears and now it will reverse direction, click it again and now the arrow will disappear.  You can now sort your songs again!!!

I just updated my Premium Spotify, and since then I haven't been able to move songs within a playlist on my laptop. I have restarted Spotify and that didn't solve the problem...is there a bug out there being worked on or has Spotify changed this playlist feature?

Another thing I tried was reorganizing the columns until the little green triangle is gone, but this didn't work either. 

I'm hoping there is a solution to this issue; I use my Spotify playlists to Dj parties...I hope I don't have to create a new playlist once I've added all the songs I want and add the songs in the order I would like them to play...ugh.

Thank you for your help.

I have the same problem.  I am a premium subscriber and cannot reorder playlists in the windows app or the web player.  I also subscribe to Google Music all Access - tried the same thing there - it works perfectly - even in the browser.  I would prefer to stay with Spotify but this is a big issue for me . . . . at least there is a solution!!

Could'nt solve this - decided to switch to Google Play Music - seems to be a better product.

I am ready to finally give up on Spotify.  There are never any useful answers to questions (like the inability to reorder playlists!) and it constantly crashes on my Android (Note Edge, before that Note 3).  It seems like anoyone involved with running this app is sound asleep.

Marked as solution

Hello: @croozn33

I take you are running an android spotify apo. If you load up a playlist and then swipe down from just under the big shuffle button, just an FYI here you do need to be a permium subscriber in order to play in the order that you wish to. But if you are permium keep swiping down from underneath the big shuffle button until you see then a filter screen. On the far right is a kind of odd looking three line icon, tap it, you should get filter options. If this does not work you must be stuck in shuffle mode, and either need to be a permium user to turn it off or need to go back to the playlist view and tap on the current playing song at the botton to show the Now Playing Window, to turn shuffle mode off here look to the lower left for a double crossed arrow turned green, keep tapping until it turns back to grey. Does this help any?

i appreciate this post because i can try it on my PC at work tomorrow, but on my ipad, there are no column titles to highlight or unhighlight and I still cannot figure out how to order the songs on my playlist manually. is that possible in a spotify playlist? there must be a trick to it....
thanks!

Not working for me on the latest Spotify paid version.

Windows 8.1, Spotify 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe

And yes, I read about selecting/deselecting column headers!

Spotify people, can't you really find a method that will work for all users?

My frustration is about to burst!

Thanks for pointing me too, in the right direction.

However I can't see when a heading is selected, except for a down or up pointing arrow next to it (AtoZ or ZtoA, etc)

I also found I can't "deselect" but only choose a different sort order.

What worked for me in the end is to choose a different playlist, then clicking back on the one I really want. At that point no header is selected, so I can move the song order around.

Suggested posts