Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Solved!

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Seems like a simple action but i am unable to move a song from a playlist, i created, from bottom to top?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

It seems that one of the organisation settings at the top of your playlist may have been selected. Check the top of your playlist and see of any of the column headings looks like the Artist one below.

Screen Shot 2012-05-17 at 6.46.35 PM.png

If it does, click on it a couple of times, and it should go back to normal.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys 🙂 

You need to see the post earlier in this topic. 

You can still reorder playlists providing none of the column headings are highlighted in a different color to the rest. You can deselect the column ordering by clicking on the heading until it is no longer selected.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hello: @croozn33

I take you are running an android spotify apo. If you load up a playlist and then swipe down from just under the big shuffle button, just an FYI here you do need to be a permium subscriber in order to play in the order that you wish to. But if you are permium keep swiping down from underneath the big shuffle button until you see then a filter screen. On the far right is a kind of odd looking three line icon, tap it, you should get filter options. If this does not work you must be stuck in shuffle mode, and either need to be a permium user to turn it off or need to go back to the playlist view and tap on the current playing song at the botton to show the Now Playing Window, to turn shuffle mode off here look to the lower left for a double crossed arrow turned green, keep tapping until it turns back to grey. Does this help any?

Marked as solution

GUYS. I FIGURED IT OUT. all you have to do it go on the tab that is clicked, for example, song, artist, album etc. thats on the top of the playlist, and click it twice or three times and then youre going to be able to move the songs in the playlist however you like. i was getting frustrated with this too but i just figured it out.

Marked as solution

Total disapointment, looks like it is time to try apple music

Marked as solution

Finally solved. 

You can only sort stuff if none of the columns selected for ordering AND you have Queue play mode selected!

Spofity, you need to fire all you dumb UI/UX experts it is just nonesense.

Marked as solution

OK, I think we have a solution! 

I have downloaded the program (app?) to my laptop and in that interface I am able to rearrange tracks and sort the columns. 

I could not find any link to the download from the webplayer, so I googled it. www.spotify.com should get anyone to the right download for Mac vs. PC. 

Sheesh what a process! 

Marked as solution

Thanks, Unclicking one of the sorting options did it!

Marked as solution

It's mind boggling to me that after YEARS of users complaining about sorting, Spotify has done NOTHING to fix it. The official answer just doesn't work.

I've attached an animated GIF screencast that shows dragging tracks just doesn't do anything. I don't have any sort order activated because there's no option to sort any more. And yes, it's my own playlist I'm trying to reorder.

**bleep** Spotify.

Can't reorder tracks.gif
Marked as solution

I figured it out!! You have to be using DESKTOP version of Spotify, not the online/app version. It has to be downloaded to your computer. Then you can reorder your songs in your playlists!!

Marked as solution

Interesting that Spotify still haven't fixed it. The official sollution does not work, it is not even possible to click on the "Artists" and rearrenge them like that.

Marked as solution

>You can only rearrange on the computer. Not in mobile

You can't in Android mobile, only on IOS, thats the whole point of all this. Spotify refuses to fix it on Android.

169 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

It seems that one of the organisation settings at the top of your playlist may have been selected. Check the top of your playlist and see of any of the column headings looks like the Artist one below.

Screen Shot 2012-05-17 at 6.46.35 PM.png

If it does, click on it a couple of times, and it should go back to normal.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Got it...thanks for the quick response!!!

Ever since I downloaded the new update I am not able to rearrange songs in a playlist.  I have tried everything.  

Hey 🙂

What do you mean rearrange? 

Playlists are only sortable by clicking the headings at the top to reorder the list. You can't manually set the order of a playlist when any of the headings are selected.

Peter

Peter

no not the playlist but the songs within the playlist.  I was always able to move around songs within my playlist and now i can not.  

Have you sorted the playlist by clicking on one of the column headings? If the playlist is sorted that way, you can't manually rearrange. You have to unsort. I had that problem, unsorting fixed it.

See the earlier reply in this thread, it explains this, too.

neither can I!! ever since the new update a few days ago, when I edit a playlist, I can only remove tracks and not rearrange 😠 I may delete this app cause that's pre annoying

My husband too.  the support said that i must double click on the playlist so i can manually move the songs but this is not working.  tried deleting and reinstalling..everything still nothing

Marked as solution

Hey guys 🙂 

You need to see the post earlier in this topic. 

You can still reorder playlists providing none of the column headings are highlighted in a different color to the rest. You can deselect the column ordering by clicking on the heading until it is no longer selected.

Peter

Peter

They are not even highlighted.  so i can not unselect them

Can you provide a screenshot? 

Peter

Peter

I have tried to hold down the playlist to select it or unselect it and nothing. 

Are you trying to reorder playlists or songs inside playlists?

Peter

Peter

I can when i get home i can take a picture of my phone in spotify.

as a right now the top says

Edit     playlist      nowplaying

*starred

INbox

Local files

music key  the name of the playlist then a >

when i click into the playlist it comes up like this

playlist                 name of the playlist                 nowplaying

Avaliable offline

*** --> shuffle play  ((.))

then the songs that are on the playlist

I have tried everything

songs within the playlist.  i didn't have a problem before then i updated and now i can't fix it

jenvauter: In this laptop screenshot, my playlist is sorted by "Artist". The column heading is highlighted and there's an arrow on the right. I can't rearrange the playlist while it's like this.

column_sort.png  

Here is what it looks like after unsorting. I clicked on the "Artist" column heading twice to remove the arrow and highlighting:

column_unsort.png

Now I can rearrange the playlist. Does this help?

No its on my iphone 4s

these problems are on an iphone not a computer

So my playlists don't have the columns on top to reset but I still can't rearrange them? Help

Suggested posts