Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Solved!

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Seems like a simple action but i am unable to move a song from a playlist, i created, from bottom to top?

Thanks.

169 Replies

I am having the same issue.  I cannot rearrange songs within a playlist on my iPhone 5 since the update.  When I choose edit it doesn't have the three dots beside the song to move it up or down.  How can I get that back?  The fixed you provided must be for computers, but those do not work for the iPhone.  Please HELP!!!!

@angelavinas wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I cannot rearrange songs within a playlist on my iPhone 5 since the update.  When I choose edit it doesn't have the three dots beside the song to move it up or down.  How can I get that back?  The fixed you provided must be for computers, but those do not work for the iPhone.  Please HELP!!!!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

To my knowledge, that functionality was removed from the iOS application due to stability issues, although it will hopefully make a return at some point in the future. New sorting features just arrived on android, so hopefully iOS won't be far behind.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That's a total pain!!!  That's one of the features I require when making playlists.  The order of the songs are super important.  How will I know if it becomes available?  This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

@angelavinas wrote:

That's a total pain!!!  That's one of the features I require when making playlists.  The order of the songs are super important.  How will I know if it becomes available?  This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Subscribe to this topic (Topic Options > Subscribe) and then you will get an email when any new iOS releases come out. 

As a temporary work around, if you reorganise tracks in the desktop, and then copy them into a new playlist in the correct order they should appear in the correct order on your phone. 

Peter

Peter

problem is i don't have spotify on my desktop.  i have a work laptop, not a personal one, and they won't allow spotify to be downloaded.  any other work around you can offer on the phone itself?  Besides writing songs down on paper and then saving them in that particular order in a playlist? 

You could try installing the "Spotify for iOS 4" legacy app, to my knowledge it still has the functionality but as you can imagine lacks the modern Spotify features. 

Peter

Peter

okay, i'll try that.  i'd rather have the option to move songs around in a playlist than the modern features.  they look nice but that option is more important than things looking nice 🙂 the older version won't mess anything up will it?  I had the older version until today and it wouldn't connect unless i updated to the newer version.  thanks so much for all of your help.  i love spotify, but need it to work!!

@angelavinas wrote:

okay, i'll try that.  i'd rather have the option to move songs around in a playlist than the modern features.  they look nice but that option is more important than things looking nice 🙂 the older version won't mess anything up will it?  I had the older version until today and it wouldn't connect unless i updated to the newer version.  thanks so much for all of your help.  i love spotify, but need it to work!!

The only thing that will change is you will need to redownload any offline content/playlists you have. However, it might let you install them alongside each other (the current app and the iOS 4, I don't have an iOS device so I don't know haha!)

Peter

Peter

oh boy!  i have like 30 offline playlists, prob about 1500 songs.  if it messes up can i reinstall the newer version?  i dont want to lose my existing playlists.  i'd rather write it down and arrange that way then lose all my songs i've already downloaded and arranged.  know what i mean?

Yeah, if you don't want to risk a resync, I wouldn't go for the iOS 4 solutuon 😛 

Peter

Peter

okay.  fingers crossed that you'll get the rearrange option for ios VERY soon!  how will i know when it does become avail?  will i have to update again?

Yup it will be an app update, its been removed for a while though, so its hard to know if/when it will return! Fingers crossed.

Peter

Peter

thanks for your all of your help. your promptness and dilligence is much appreciated.  please let your management team know that this is a major pain for spofity customers.  the rearrange option within a playlist is absolutely mandatory.......that's what playlists are all about. 

@angelavinas wrote:

thanks for your all of your help. your promptness and dilligence is much appreciated.  please let your management team know that this is a major pain for spofity customers.  the rearrange option within a playlist is absolutely mandatory.......that's what playlists are all about. 

I don't work for Spotify, so my management team doesn't exactly exist, but your feedback will be passed on. To be honest, they must know it is a massive pain already! 😉

Peter

Peter

I cannot rearrange my playlist on my Android or PC. This sucks!

The android app allows you to sort both playlists and tracks in alphabetical ascending/descending order. The desktop client will also sort tracks but not playlists. However, you can rearrange playlists manually by dragging and dropping and organise your playlists in folders.

The web player doesn't do any of this at the moment though.

@colmets123 wrote:

I cannot rearrange my playlist on my Android or PC. This sucks!

Thank you for the reply. Did this change all of a sudden because I remember changing at one time on my PC

I can't rearrange my playlist either?

@llj wrote:
I can't rearrange my playlist either?

What device are you using? 

Peter

Peter

I'm using it on my chromebook, and can not rearrange them either.  when I click on the three dots, the options for a song is "play / star / add to... / share / start radio / copy spotify url / delete"

Playlist is not sorted by any of the headers (And clicking on them shows that it cannot be sorted that way, which doesn't bother me now but I could see it being a pain in the future.  

Suggested posts