Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Solved!

Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Seems like a simple action but i am unable to move a song from a playlist, i created, from bottom to top?

Thanks.

169 Replies

NVM. You have to be working inside the spotify app.

@theeffingyoga wrote:

NVM. You have to be working inside the spotify app.

But not the app on android.

App on a PC works.

Not the web page on a PC.

That's the limit of my experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I asked for some sort of chart to show the similarities and differences of using various devices I was told to first choose the device, then ask the question(or words to that effect).

So try this as a jumping off point https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help/ct-p/Help

We are asking for it since 4 years now, please come by and share your thoughs here and vote for it 🙂

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Rearrange-tracks-inside-a-playlist-Android/idc-p/1638111...

Until spotify adds the ability to rerarrange tracks on android I have made my own app with that functionality: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.czaarek99.spotifyreorder

i dont have those bars on mine version of spotify, and i have the same problem; cant rearrange songs. please advise...

@Travellur wrote:

i dont have those bars on mine version of spotify, and i have the same problem; cant rearrange songs. please advise...

This is a long thread.

When asking or replying click the 'QUOTE' so people know what you've just read.

And mention if you are on pc app/pc webpage/Android app/ etc

I don't know the significance myself but you can also quote the version you've got by looking for the number at >  settings >  about >  version

hi headey

thank you for your reply. I am on a mac laptop and am in France. i've read most of the thread and tried all of the suggestions, but my version does not seem to be working the same way. for example, i went to  >  settings >  about >  version, but in my version of about, it just has the copyright and the names of the programmers who created it. no version number. see attached screen shots.

please advise.

@headey wrote:

@Travellur wrote:

This is a long thread.

When asking or replying click the 'QUOTE' so people know what you've just read.

And mention if you are on pc app/pc webpage/Android app/ etc

I don't know the significance myself but you can also quote the version you've got by looking for the number at >  settings >  about >  version

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.43.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.44.02 AM.png

dandv, i have exactly the same problem. why can some people do this and other people cannot? it's almost like there are two different versions of spotify that we are discussing. did you ever figure out how to rearragne the track order?

@dandv wrote:

It's mind boggling to me that after YEARS of users complaining about sorting, Spotify has done NOTHING to fix it. The official answer just doesn't work.

I've attached an animated GIF screencast that shows dragging tracks just doesn't do anything. I don't have any sort order activated because there's no option to sort any more. And yes, it's my own playlist I'm trying to reorder.

**bleep** Spotify.

@dandv wrote:

It's mind boggling to me that after YEARS of users complaining about sorting, Spotify has done NOTHING to fix it. The official answer just doesn't work.

I've attached an animated GIF screencast that shows dragging tracks just doesn't do anything. I don't have any sort order activated because there's no option to sort any more. And yes, it's my own playlist I'm trying to reorder.

**bleep** Spotify.

thank you so much!!!!

@mkbehling12 wrote:

I figured it out!! You have to be using DESKTOP version of Spotify, not the online/app version. It has to be downloaded to your computer. Then you can reorder your songs in your playlists!!

You can only rearrange on the computer. Not in mobile

We figured it out 4 years ago 🙂 You must use Desktop (PC or MAC) or IOS (iPhone/iPad), is not a matter of PC vs mobile, its just about Android developers not implemented this basic feature 🙂 That's why we are complaining, please look at this other thread, after a few messages all will be clear 🙂

Rearrange tracks inside a playlist (Android)

Marked as solution

>You can only rearrange on the computer. Not in mobile

You can't in Android mobile, only on IOS, thats the whole point of all this. Spotify refuses to fix it on Android.

Thank you

Hey Eric, I have the same problem too. Try reinstalling spotify without deleting the current one that is installed. In other words, just download spotify again. It worked for me, hope it works for you as well.  🙂 

Hey there! I have the same problem too. Try reinstalling spotify without deleting the current one that is installed. In other words, just download spotify again. It worked for me, hope it works for you as well.  🙂 

Thanks! We have to (des)select the kinf of order (Title, Artist, Album and etc) to work! 

is this still an issue for everyone else ?

no problem on my desktop, but i can never rearrange (nor delete) playist tracks on my iPhone or iPad.
the bummer is i use Spotify for work (massage therapist) and every now and then there's a track in a playlist

i REALLY don't want !

: (

i just switched from Apple music last month bc making playlists is faster in Spotify, but this issue really sucks.

Hey @clockrva

Try the following: If you go to a playlist then press the "..." button in the top right, then select "Edit" you can manually drag songs to change the order.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks!!!

On Android

Play a song from your playlist

Tap the ^ (bottom left, song name shows up here as well)

Tap the hamburger (3 lines) on the top right.

Should do the trick. 

Suggested posts