Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

angelavinas
Regular

I am having the same issue.  I cannot rearrange songs within a playlist on my iPhone 5 since the update.  When I choose edit it doesn't have the three dots beside the song to move it up or down.  How can I get that back?  The fixed you provided must be for computers, but those do not work for the iPhone.  Please HELP!!!!

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

@angelavinas wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I cannot rearrange songs within a playlist on my iPhone 5 since the update.  When I choose edit it doesn't have the three dots beside the song to move it up or down.  How can I get that back?  The fixed you provided must be for computers, but those do not work for the iPhone.  Please HELP!!!!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

To my knowledge, that functionality was removed from the iOS application due to stability issues, although it will hopefully make a return at some point in the future. New sorting features just arrived on android, so hopefully iOS won't be far behind.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

angelavinas
Regular

That's a total pain!!!  That's one of the features I require when making playlists.  The order of the songs are super important.  How will I know if it becomes available?  This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

@angelavinas wrote:

That's a total pain!!!  That's one of the features I require when making playlists.  The order of the songs are super important.  How will I know if it becomes available?  This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Subscribe to this topic (Topic Options > Subscribe) and then you will get an email when any new iOS releases come out. 

As a temporary work around, if you reorganise tracks in the desktop, and then copy them into a new playlist in the correct order they should appear in the correct order on your phone. 

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

angelavinas
Regular

problem is i don't have spotify on my desktop.  i have a work laptop, not a personal one, and they won't allow spotify to be downloaded.  any other work around you can offer on the phone itself?  Besides writing songs down on paper and then saving them in that particular order in a playlist? 

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

You could try installing the "Spotify for iOS 4" legacy app, to my knowledge it still has the functionality but as you can imagine lacks the modern Spotify features. 

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

angelavinas
Regular

okay, i'll try that.  i'd rather have the option to move songs around in a playlist than the modern features.  they look nice but that option is more important than things looking nice 🙂 the older version won't mess anything up will it?  I had the older version until today and it wouldn't connect unless i updated to the newer version.  thanks so much for all of your help.  i love spotify, but need it to work!!

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

@angelavinas wrote:

okay, i'll try that.  i'd rather have the option to move songs around in a playlist than the modern features.  they look nice but that option is more important than things looking nice 🙂 the older version won't mess anything up will it?  I had the older version until today and it wouldn't connect unless i updated to the newer version.  thanks so much for all of your help.  i love spotify, but need it to work!!

The only thing that will change is you will need to redownload any offline content/playlists you have. However, it might let you install them alongside each other (the current app and the iOS 4, I don't have an iOS device so I don't know haha!)

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

angelavinas
Regular

oh boy!  i have like 30 offline playlists, prob about 1500 songs.  if it messes up can i reinstall the newer version?  i dont want to lose my existing playlists.  i'd rather write it down and arrange that way then lose all my songs i've already downloaded and arranged.  know what i mean?

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

Yeah, if you don't want to risk a resync, I wouldn't go for the iOS 4 solutuon 😛 

Peter

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS