Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Created a playlist and cant rearrange songs....

Changshafu
Music Fan
Thank you so much for trying to help. Thanks for taking the time and effort. As I said ^, it now works and it's through nothing I did or changed or anything. Wish I knew what the problem was but at last I can reorder my songs and I'm very very very happy about that.

Thank you again, encore, and duo xie.
Highlighted

gachurch64
Casual Listener

SOLVED!!  for me anyway....this was driving me crazy too.  Some of my playlists I could sort and some I couldn't.  To turn off column selection as mentioned in the veryfirst post, Select the column header once where the arrow appears and now it will reverse direction, click it again and now the arrow will disappear.  You can now sort your songs again!!!

Highlighted

Tschumacher

I just updated my Premium Spotify, and since then I haven't been able to move songs within a playlist on my laptop. I have restarted Spotify and that didn't solve the problem...is there a bug out there being worked on or has Spotify changed this playlist feature?

Another thing I tried was reorganizing the columns until the little green triangle is gone, but this didn't work either. 

I'm hoping there is a solution to this issue; I use my Spotify playlists to Dj parties...I hope I don't have to create a new playlist once I've added all the songs I want and add the songs in the order I would like them to play...ugh.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted

mijoe
Casual Listener

I have the same problem.  I am a premium subscriber and cannot reorder playlists in the windows app or the web player.  I also subscribe to Google Music all Access - tried the same thing there - it works perfectly - even in the browser.  I would prefer to stay with Spotify but this is a big issue for me . . . . at least there is a solution!!

Highlighted

mijoe
Casual Listener

Could'nt solve this - decided to switch to Google Play Music - seems to be a better product.

Highlighted

croozn33

I am ready to finally give up on Spotify.  There are never any useful answers to questions (like the inability to reorder playlists!) and it constantly crashes on my Android (Note Edge, before that Note 3).  It seems like anoyone involved with running this app is sound asleep.

Highlighted
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello: @croozn33

I take you are running an android spotify apo. If you load up a playlist and then swipe down from just under the big shuffle button, just an FYI here you do need to be a permium subscriber in order to play in the order that you wish to. But if you are permium keep swiping down from underneath the big shuffle button until you see then a filter screen. On the far right is a kind of odd looking three line icon, tap it, you should get filter options. If this does not work you must be stuck in shuffle mode, and either need to be a permium user to turn it off or need to go back to the playlist view and tap on the current playing song at the botton to show the Now Playing Window, to turn shuffle mode off here look to the lower left for a double crossed arrow turned green, keep tapping until it turns back to grey. Does this help any?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

drcindy
i appreciate this post because i can try it on my PC at work tomorrow, but on my ipad, there are no column titles to highlight or unhighlight and I still cannot figure out how to order the songs on my playlist manually. is that possible in a spotify playlist? there must be a trick to it....
thanks!
Highlighted

ArVee

Not working for me on the latest Spotify paid version.

Windows 8.1, Spotify 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe

And yes, I read about selecting/deselecting column headers!

Spotify people, can't you really find a method that will work for all users?

My frustration is about to burst!

Highlighted

ukmaxg
Regular

Thanks for pointing me too, in the right direction.

However I can't see when a heading is selected, except for a down or up pointing arrow next to it (AtoZ or ZtoA, etc)

I also found I can't "deselect" but only choose a different sort order.

What worked for me in the end is to choose a different playlist, then clicking back on the one I really want. At that point no header is selected, so I can move the song order around.

SUGGESTED POSTS