Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Created new account - preference & history were imported from an account previously used on machine

Created new account - preference & history were imported from an account previously used on machine

Hi There,

I'm actually a bit bummed out. I've sent support requests on this topic 2x over the last 2 weeks through the contact forum. No response. Oh well, this is my last resort before forgetting about Spotify...

I've been waiting forever for Spotify to come to Germany and signed up by downloading the Mac application and logged in through facebook. Everything worked well, however somehow my listening history and recommendation is populated with Hip/Hop & RnB - Some of the songs I supposedly have on heavy rotation aren't even available in Spotify Germany.

Then I remember: We had a friend from the US over during Christmas and he used Spotify as guest on my Mac - he deleted the Application after he left but seems like some sort of preferences or cache must have still be on.

Anyway - I want to have a fresh start with my own listening habits and recommendations. I have asked to completely delete my account so I can sign-up again - (from a different machine this time). 

Thanks,
Christian

PS: I had already purchased a subscription which runs out mid April - I'm ok for it to be cancelled early if necessary for the process. 

3 Replies

Hey Chelmer, welcome to the Community.

You really should have received a response by now, I'll chase this up myself for you.

I'll send you an email right away on this.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi Richard,

Much appreciated - did absolutely work. 

Could you do me a favor please? Could you please quickly do the absolutely same thing (account deletion) again? - again ignore the standing subscription

I'd like to start fresh once more (don't ask. 😉 )

if you could send me a quick email confirmation once done?

Thanks,
Christian 

Sure thing Christian, you'll hear from me shortly.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts