Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Creating a dummy account as a shared roof for family plan?

Solved!

Creating a dummy account as a shared roof for family plan?

Hi everybody!

As my wife's subscription to spotify via her mobile phone contract has expired, I thought I could add her to mine by turning my spotify account into a family plan. Then I read that in case of any address change in the future, the account that was the root of the family plan would have to be deleted and recreated.

I do not want to lose all my playlists and liked songs of course. So I was wondering if instead I could create a new account, switch it to a family plan and add my wife's and my existing plans to it. If ever I needed to delete that account for an address change, that would be no big loss. I could create a new one, add us to that one and problem solved.

Any thoughts? Would this be compatible with Spotify's T&Cs?

Cheers

Ben

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @king_ben

Yes it is OK to do it like that. Spotify don't have a restriction on the number of account you can have. It is actually what is usually suggested when you need to change your address. As a note, you don't have to delete your old account, just let the subscription expire, then create a new one, subscribe to family and add your old account back.

It's kind of bummer you need to do such workarounds for changing the address though. I wish they allow to edit that information, but I have not know about any plans about that currently.

Happy listening 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @king_ben

Yes it is OK to do it like that. Spotify don't have a restriction on the number of account you can have. It is actually what is usually suggested when you need to change your address. As a note, you don't have to delete your old account, just let the subscription expire, then create a new one, subscribe to family and add your old account back.

It's kind of bummer you need to do such workarounds for changing the address though. I wish they allow to edit that information, but I have not know about any plans about that currently.

Happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts