Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Creating an account for my company and sharing playlists

Solved!

Creating an account for my company and sharing playlists

The company I work for would like to start creating some playlists to share with people round the business, focussing on different themes like mental wellbeing, stress management or perhaps playlists that we can open up for people to contruibute to. I know spotify have a separate plan for commercial use (i.e. playing the music in shops or around the office), but these playlists would be for the individual to listen to as and when they want. We'd have one person responsible for the account, but the T&Cs say it is for personal use, and techincally this isn't just for personal use as the playlists are intended to share with others, and of course a link to the account would be posted on our company intranet so they could follow the playlists. I'm not really sure where we stand in terms of licensing. If it's okay to create an account where the username will be our comany name, just as a way to share playlists with staff then that would be ideal, but I'm not sure where the commercial/non-commercial line is. If that's not possible, what are our options?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @katgrrrr thanks for reaching out to the Community,

You can totally create a new account!

Also you can make a playlist collaborative and/or public. Making it collaborative, will allow other people you give access to, to change/update the playlist. Making it public will allow your employees to listen to the playlist. You can also try to get the spotify barcode (which each playlist has) that way your employees can go up to the barcode and scan it, bringing them directly to the playlist. 

I hope this great idea goes well,

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @katgrrrr thanks for reaching out to the Community,

You can totally create a new account!

Also you can make a playlist collaborative and/or public. Making it collaborative, will allow other people you give access to, to change/update the playlist. Making it public will allow your employees to listen to the playlist. You can also try to get the spotify barcode (which each playlist has) that way your employees can go up to the barcode and scan it, bringing them directly to the playlist. 

I hope this great idea goes well,

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

Hello,
We have the same question but feel as though the question wasn't fully answered. We are a company trying to promote listening to music in a specific language to our students and we do not want to give them access to add to the playlist, but simply want to share our playlists with them so they can listen to them. Is that a possibility because students would be listening to the songs in our playlists through their own accounts? Or are there some commercial aspect that we need to keep in mind? A link to the account would be posted on our website as well. If it is not possible for our organization to share our playlists in that way, what should we do?

Hey @Dee41,

Thanks for reaching out.

It's perfectly fine to create a playlist, post it on your website or share it with your students (as long as they're listening to it in a private and not a commercial setting). Here are a couple of support page articles on the topics of playlist privacy and collaborative playlists.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts