Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit card authorization problem

Solved!

Credit card authorization problem

I recently changed my credit card number but Spotify won't accept it. I checked with my bank (TD) and they said it's due to the $0.01 fee, they don't accept any charges less than 1 dollar. How can I get around this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

In this case, there are two options -

* A different type of payment card would need to be used, or
* You should be able to bypass requirement by using a PayPal account to pay for Spotify.

Hope this helps!
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Same problem here. Use another card is not a good option. Figure it out if this many people are having this problem. Obviously it's all sorts of banks that don't like your guys' payment process. I'm literally not paying again until you figure it out. I have plenty of cards, but one i want to use.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello.

In this case, there are two options -

* A different type of payment card would need to be used, or
* You should be able to bypass requirement by using a PayPal account to pay for Spotify.

Hope this helps!
Airhorn Enthusiast

thanks David. I used a different card which I was trying to avoid using but I need my Spotify! I don't know why the initial card I signed up with had no issues.

Hi, 

Same problem here: I use the visa card I use for all my e-purchases and it keeps being bounced, saying the information is not correct.

I have tired every combination: with or without psaces, etc.

Anyone has a hint?

Thanksin advance & cheers,

HR

HR - There are a few conditions your card will have to meet for your payment to be successful. Firstly, the card needs to be open for e-commerce, so that you can use it for online purchases (Verified by Visa/Mastercard Securecard card) and foreign purchases.

Your card will also have to be issued in the same country as the country set your Spotify profile. You can try to update your profile yourself to ensure the card and profile countries match.

Alternatively, you could try and pay through a PayPal account. If you're still having trouble, it may be worth having a chat with your bank.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@Sam

Thx for your advice.

Must certainly be the country (the card I use almost daily for e-buys).

I did register first form Holland (and got bounced a first time) and now I am trying again from home (Switzerland) but odd thig is I cannot modifiy my country of residence: field is there but ghosted in gray....

One hint for the next step? 

Spotify is not making it easy for some contexts of target-public (people who traval a lot)

Cheers, anyways: there is no rush; I just would like the registration to be wrapped (and stop loosing time on it)

HR - Just sent an email over to you. Keep an eye on your inbox
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@sam

Yes, thank you again for everything Sam. 

For others who followed the thread:

- did register with spotifiy while travelling in the Netherlands (I have several thousads of records at home, I am planning to use spotify when I am in the move, which is often)

- tried to subsribe but got credit card bounced there several times. It is the credit card I use for all my online buys and I am a regular. 

- Tried again couple of weeks later form home - same result.

- learned that ther was likely a conflict since card in registerd in my own country, not NL

- couldn't change the country on the profile myself.

So Sam took inititative to contact me after reading the post here and changed it for me. Travelling to Norway in 10 days, I hope I'll be able to subscribe then 😉

But thanks Sam in any case: excellent service.

Cheers,

HR

I have a PayPal account with my card that I often make purchases in Japan,no creditcard needed. Spotify keeps asking me to use a creditcard, don't have one and don't use any,can u help me please

Thank u in advance Sonia

@pichisan wrote:
I have a PayPal account with my card that I often make purchases in Japan,no creditcard needed. Spotify keeps asking me to use a creditcard, don't have one and don't use any,can u help me please

Thank u in advance Sonia

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify requires you to have a debit or credit card connected to your PayPal account in order to verify your location. I have asked for clarification on this before, and the official Spotify reply has always been that a credit/debit card does need to be attached to a PayPal account for it to work with Spotify, however, several community members report that it works fine for them with a verified bank account, others aren't so lucky. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Same problem here. Use another card is not a good option. Figure it out if this many people are having this problem. Obviously it's all sorts of banks that don't like your guys' payment process. I'm literally not paying again until you figure it out. I have plenty of cards, but one i want to use.

What do I do when someone else has used my visa card details to purchase Spotify premium? Without my knowledge 1st payment was charged to my accnt early December and is still going out. I'm not happy and there's nothing I can do but cancel my card when I already have lots of other payments going out! Costing me more $$$. Stuff you spotify. NZ needs fair go

Suggested posts