Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit card billed, but premium account AND former spotfiy ID number disappeared

Credit card billed, but premium account AND former spotfiy ID number disappeared

Hi,

I signed up for spotify premium trial on December 15th 2013.

- The membership was confirmed the same day by spotfiy

- My credit card was billed on December 16th (and is still fine because it is valid for two more years).

-since then, premium worked fine,

The problem:

- Since January 1st 2014, my premium membership status disappeared

- I can all of a sudden only log in via my facebook account (whereas before I just used my spotify program on my computer)

- The worst: now my spotify account has a different ID number then the one until December 31st, whereas my "real" spotify name and the connection to my facebook account remained the same!

- I did NOT make ANY changes on my information, neither on facebook nor on spotify!

Please help me a.s.a.p. to track down the problems, especially since my credit card has been charged whereas I have used the premium program only for 2 weeks, AND you said that the membership is going to be extended automatically. How can I even stop for extension when I am suddenly enlisted with a completely new spotify ID number? It's like my entire former ID has gone. The only thing I have left though is the confirmation e-mail from spotify and the credit card billing.

5 Replies

When you registered for Spotify did/do you have a Spotify username which is independent of Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The name was the same as on facebook,

but somehow I received another spotify ID-"name" which appeared only as a 10digit-number (which did not show up on facebook, only on my account information of spotify).

Now, this ID-name or ID-number suddenly changed into another number (which now appears above my post) without any changes from my side. The name on facebook and the "real" name on spotify continue to be identical. 

The best would be if I can address this matter including the screenshots of spotify's e-mail confirmation to a specific person from your customer support as soon as possible, particularly to stop continued billing of my credit card and to continue my premium account or to get re-imbursed for the bill. Thanks in advance for providing me with a contact. 

You can open an email case with support from the online contact form with your details and they should be able to lend a hand. Normally they need your order number, the last 4 digits of your payment card and your date of birth to verify account ownership - so including those in your message should speed things along. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the info!

Suggested posts