Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit card cancel

Credit card cancel

HI! My credit card is cancel because fraud. I will receive an other card with another number, butI have to wait maybe 2 weeks until I receive it. The payment with spotify will pass tomorrow! What can I do for the moment to not close my account with Spotify until I receive my new credit card?

Plan

Premium solo

Canada

Device

iPhone 2020

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

11 Replies

Hey @ManL ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

If a monthly payment fails, you won't immediately lose your Premium. Spotify will try to take the payment again over the next few days.

If it fails multiple times, however, your account will be downgraded to Spotify Free and your offline music will be removed from your device(s). But you can re-download it at any time after upgrading to Premium again.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why is it so difficult to update payment method? It doesnt work!  I'm free now and I cant subscrib premium again. There is no way to upgrade my account 😞

Hey @ManL ,

Thanks for getting back.

Why are you unable to subscribe to Premium again? Are you seeing any error message(s)? If so, which one(s)? 

Let me know. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi Maxim! 
Thanks for your help! My account is now closed because no payment.  Spotify sent me mail to inform me but no link to change it!  
As you told me, I went to my account page, but under my plan, there is no link to updated my payment method. I am free now. I just cant change it!  The only way for me to come back is to subscrib to join premium again. But when I try to subscrib premium solo, a message tell me: 
Sorry, you are not eligible for that plan. Here are some other ways to get Premium....
I dont know what to do to change my payment method. And I spend a lot of time to find a solution. I think that I will lose all my music 🙁
ManL

Hey @ManL ,

Thanks for getting back and providing all those details.

Can you give it a try through this link: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/offer/full-price-premium/?country=CA?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hey! Maxim! Here we go!!!

I'm back again 😄 Yééééé!

I just don't understand Why I haven't be able to get to My account? Well...

Is it possible now to recover my playlist on my Iphone? It seems that my music desapears 🙁

Thanks! ManL

Hey there, @ManL,

Are you still seeing your playlists and saved music on your desktop? If so, you're likely logged into a different account on your phone.

MaximSpotify Star

HI!

Yes, I steel see my playlist in my Iphone, but just when I go to modify it. Otherwise, It's not possible to see the list. So, I can't choose the one I'd like to listen.

Hey @ManL ,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please share a screenshot/screen recording of what you're seeing?

You can attach it to your post by using the Insert Image/Video option in the post editor or you can also upload it to another site (e.g. Google Drive, YouTube) and share the link here.

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hello Maxim,

I want to thank you for your precious help! I am now premium with another account. And my music is all back.

I apreciated all you did for me. Really! My english is not perfect so It was not easy loll I'm ok now and everything is fine!

Wish you Happy Holidays!

Manon 😉

Hey @ManL ,

Glad to hear it's working now.

All the best 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts