Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit card needed to use gift card?

Solved!

Credit card needed to use gift card?

I plan on buying one of the Spotify gift cards available at Target to purchase myself a subscription, and I also plan to purchase one for a friend. Do I have to have a credit card/Paypal account on file to even use the gift card to buy a subscription, even though I won't actually be using the credit card?

The terms and conditions on the gift card page (https://www.spotify.com/us/gift-card/) say nothing about credit card info being required, but neither does Hulu's and they require CC info to activate gift cards as well.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

No you do not need to enter any payment details on Spotify in order to redeem a gift card. Just follow the instructions on the card to redeem and you will be good to go!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

No you do not need to enter any payment details on Spotify in order to redeem a gift card. Just follow the instructions on the card to redeem and you will be good to go!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Oh sweet! Thanks a lot!

when i go to redeem mine it does ask for a credit card or paypal WHICH I DON'T HAVE BECAUSE I'M LITERALLY 15!!! WHAT THE **bleep**!?! THIS IS SO DUMB! I GOT THE MICROSOFT REWARDS 3 MONTH OFFER FOR PREMIUM AND I HAVE TO ENTER MY CREDIT CARD THAT I DON'T HAVE! FIX THIS THING!

had the same problem, go to spotify.com/redeem to redeem your giftcard

Suggested posts