Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit card not working with my acoount.

Credit card not working with my acoount.

Hello everyone,

I'm from Turkey and we hav only method for bur premium. Credit card. There is no paypal or gift card. I have a problem many have has. “Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day" I have valid credit card but I cannot pay with it. I tried everything. It worked for my friend's account for upgrade to premium, but not for me. I'm trying with different card options that all valid; virtual card, actual card and debit card has enough balance. I wrote to spotify sopport they wrote back, repeatedly, many times. Anything has changed since then. They always said same things. My bank said there is no block or somthing against to buy premium. My virtual card bound to actual credit card was work for my friend. I can use same card for my friends but not for me.

Now, spotify support doesn't reply to me anymore. I cannot buy premium...

13 Replies

Hey @mehmednaim!

I'm sorry to hear about this.

I've just checked it out, and made sure the right folks are looking into this for you.

Someone will be back in touch with you over email.

Thanks 🙂

I am in the US and experiencing the same problem, same error message.  I checked with my bank, and they do not see any transactions coming through fro m Spotify and my account is not blocked.  There is no block on my account for Spotify.

@adam_B can you look into my account, too. I have read posts about trying different cards, browsers, even making sure you are on a private network. I have done that all, but can't seem to get in. Keep getting the "Oops..." error message on every single card I have tried. And they are not all Visa. Thanks in advance!

Same thing here -- tried a few cards, not going through.

My subscription just ran out from a credit card that was canceled; the auto-payment failed, so I'm trying to update with a new payment method.

Same issue here in US with two different CC cards. I have tried different browsers, different days, and even called the bank. I have spent over an hour trying to purchase Spotify :(.

The same exact ads every break are driving me crazy - they are obnoxious - I will not be using Spotify until this issue is resolved.

Thanks for your kind reply . After two months without solution or even did not know the problem, nobody replying my emails anymore.

But, yesterday I could buy premium, not via credit card but by AppStore... It turns out that (!) I had to pay more 3 tl then credit card. (Credit card 9.9, AppStore 12.9)

There is no solution. But I think the problem is Spotify payment system. 

Spotify is telling me I need to renew my subscription because of a payment problem but there is no problem with payment, we've a direct debit and there is no issue with it. Please help . 

Update.

I tried contacting Spotify re: this issue on Thursday.  I received no reply, not even an automated e-mail.

So after trying twice today to contact Spotify support via the on-line form, I posted a message on this forum and one of the moderators kindly passed my issue on to the support staff.  I finally got some e-mails.  I have not yet tried all of their suggestions (ingognito/private browsing, clearing cache & logging in again).

After all of this, as well as issues with the Connect feature, I'm not sure I want to pay for the poor customer service and buggy software.

They don't have a real competitor. So we obligate to them.

Does Spotify even cehck these threads? Really frustrated!

I ended up paying with paypal, but that's pretty lame 😕

This happens when someone have no real competitor. They do not even change something little bit.

I am experiencing exactly the same issue- been on auto payment for the last 9 months and all of a sudden it stopped working.  I cant reactivate my premium account (in the USA) no matter what payment I choose.  So if admin do read this, can they please get their act together and sort this out ASAP? Otherwise Im sure myself and other cusotmers will be moving site...

thanks!

Suggested posts