Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit cards not accepted

Credit cards not accepted

Hello. I'm trying to pay for a Spotify Premium subsciption but when I enter my credit card info for some reason a message keeps showing up that the payment wasn't accepted. It is definitely not a problem with my bank since I've been able to pay for some other things with my credit cards.

Do you know what might be causing the problem?

Hope you can help me out.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Ccane - There are a few conditions your card will have to meet for your payment to be successful. Firstly, the card needs to be open for e-commerce, so that you can use it for online purchases (Verified by Visa/Mastercard Securecard card) and foreign purchases.

Your card will also have to be issued in the same country as the country set your Spotify profile. You can try to update your profile yourself to ensure the card and profile countries match.

Alternatively, you could try and pay through a PayPal account. If you're still having trouble, it may be worth having a chat with your bank.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you. The problem is that my credit cards were issued in Mexico (where There is no Spotify yet) but I'm living in Spain right now because I came here to study. Can I still pay with PayPal or is there any other solution? I'm not planning in opening an account in a Spanish bank since A requirement is being Spanish and Im not.

I hope you can help me fix this problem.

Thank you!

Ccane - This will be the problem. You'll need a Spanish payment card, I'm afraid.

You should be able to open up an account. I lived out in Sevilla for 10 months and opened one up. I had the option of a couple of banks.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts