Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Current premium subscriber want to get student discount

Current premium subscriber want to get student discount

I've been a premium subscriber for a few months, but I would like to get the student discount, as I go to University. How can I get this discount without remaking my account? Thanks

11 Replies

The discount will be applied to your existing account on the following renewal date so you don't need a new account.

I'm having the same problem. What they mean is they don't know how to apply the discount because they can't find where to place their credentials into their account to get the discount.Does that make sense? Like I said, I'm having the same problem. If anyone knows how and where to put in the credentials for the discount that would be great. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem as well. I've followed the instructions on the Spotify FAQ page multiple times, where I was told to go to the Spotify student discount page (https://www.spotify.com/us/student/), sign in, and then I would be taken to the student verification page. Every time I signed in, I was not taken to a verification page, but back to my account page, where there was no option to apply the discount. What am I missing?

I'm having the same problem...

yeah.. I'm having the exact same issue! I really don't want to cancel my subscription just to resign up. Does anyone know how to apply the discount without having to do so?

Okay update guys. I went to this page: https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/US-Student-Discount-FAQ/?in=search  

and followed the last bullet point for "The verification of my student status failed, but I think I’m eligible" and clicked the link to manually get verifyed for the discount. It said it may take 12 hours so I will post again and see if it works.

I just did that manual verification thing. Did it work for you?^

@LDub21 @doloresmarieee 

Check out this page on how to contact support for this issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Trouble-signing-up-for-Student-discount/idi-p/106993...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

^^It didn't work. It's been over a day now. ^Thanks for posting how to contact them, I've been looking for ways to email them about this because it's so frustrating.

Same. Sent them an email a few days ago and have yet to hear back...

@cekren24 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts