Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Currently Set to Offline - Can't log in

Currently Set to Offline - Can't log in

Hi, I have somehow been signed out of Spotify on my phone and when I go to log in, i keep getting the pop up that I am currently set to offline, please go online to connect to Spotify. I click CONNECT, and it just brings back that same pop up message. I have reset my password and cannot log in. 

Plan - Premium Family

Country - Canada

Device

Samsung s9+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey there @organizingenvy,

thanks for posting !

As a small test it's always good to try your account on various internet connections or devices so it'll narrow down the many option causing it.

However, if you have lost access to your account, i'd suggest using this help page to try and locate all accounts listed with your details and then reach out to support through this help page so they'll be able to take a closer look for you.

Hope this helps 🙂

The only way to avoid this issue altogether is to avoid using offline mode fullstop.
Download a firewall for your device and block spotify instead of going offline mode.
When you want spotify to connect then unblock in firewall.
Or define rules of how Spotify can access the internet.
You can still listen to your downloaded playlists , albums & tracks , you don't need to use offline mode 

My firewall settings for Spotify on my android :    Mobile data     /     Wifi
                                                                                          Block                      Allow 

Hey there @organizingenvy,

That's not cool. 

Have you tried running a clean reinstall? It can help shake things up a bit. It can help fix basic issues with the app. 

Let us know what happens after you've tried it.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts