Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customer Service

Solved!

Customer Service

I find it ridiculous that I'm paying a monthly subscription and spotify doesn't have a customer support line. I have Spotify premium and when I logged in on my phone just now I'm told I need spotify premium to stream content. I have more than sufficient funds on my card and was using spotify premium no more than a few days ago. I'm paying money for this and I don't want to wait for a solution online. I want to be able to talk to a human and have this problem fixed immediately.
111 Replies

I pay for Premium,have been with Spotify for awhile. It kicked me off one day and hadnt let me back in. I signed up, AGAIN WITH SAME INFO and it let me. Now Im searching for my Playlist and can't find any record it exists. Im now on free Spotify AND IVE BEEN CHARGED PREMIUM SPOTIFY ON MY CREDIT CARD THIS MONTH ALREADY. Would like to retrieve my original account or stop paying for premium when I have free. Customer service is horrible, Im out too Spotify

Hey @Rockyro96,

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features, and your music.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I guess Spotify doesn't have a person you can chat with or a phone number to call when there is a problem! I have spent a LONG time trying to find a place where I can even ask a question. I paid for Premium and it works on my tablet and phone and on my tv with my firestick, but on my laptop it says my status is "Free". What can I do about that?

i agree. Their customer service really sucks

Hey @Allarah1,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your laptop, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I was told to uninstall spotify and put in the app again on my phone and did that last week and it didn't work. I did it again just now, but even if that would work, that won't solve my problem with my firestick. I don't know how to uninstall spotify on the firestick.Can you send me a response to laralavelle@aol.com? I do't know how I found this but not sure I can find it again. It took forever till I was able to find your message.

Yes I agree. Very bad customer service. NO phone number to call and they don't even provide an email if you have a complaint. They have a help section that lists all kinds of problems you might be having. I need to talk to a person! Ridiculous. If they don't fix the problem I am just going to get Pay Pal to get my money back. Good thing I always use paypal to pay for things, otherwise I would be on my own fighting this.

@Allarah1

To get in touch with them, you should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

How to fix my bill

Hello, I understand what your email is trying to say, in response to my, as
well as other customers, complaints about cust. service. But, I'd like to
know if there have been any improvements, as well as discounted rates for
returning users possibly?

why cant I speak to some one about my account?

Hey @happycaptain

Spotify uses email, facebook and twitter for customer service.

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts